PDA

View Full Version : OPEN HOUSE STATUS & QUESTION 10/24

Serotta PETE
10-24-2006, 03:13 PM
October 24th UPDATE ___ We were getting ready to annouce the date for the OPEN HOUSE (have Ben & team approval and support)

It was to be the 22nd thru the 24th BUT it looks like the JAZZ Festival is that time...SO - - HOW DOES JUNE 8th-10th SOUND??? I am checking to make sure colleges are not having ceremonies that weekend.

Sorry for all the date dancing BUT :argue: Objective is to lock date in over the next week, announce, and start the process.

Event details are still in previous note, but I wanted to get this out to everyone so we can get the date locked in and announced.

THANKS PETE

Ginger
10-24-2006, 03:15 PM
So this is what project managers with one bike do when they retire?

Thanks Pete!

Bruce K
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Pete;

I posted in the Events section but to repeat....

6/9-6/10 is an absolute NO GO for me.

It's my son's high school graduation weekend.

BK

scooter01
10-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Ginger, one bike? yeah right...

Pete I'm in Let me know what I can do to help.

Smiley
10-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Bruce , I will really miss you , I can't figure out another possible date as Saratoga Springs is a busy place and most of the prime weekends are taken due to working around graduations and holidays. 2 years ago the open house was the 8,9, 10 of June too. Got any other suggestions ?

BumbleBeeDave
10-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Congratulations on Jesse's upcoming achievement, though the date conflict sucks!

My daughter's graduation is probably the third or fourth week of June. Graduation's are one thing I hadn't thought of, but it still seems to me like the month you're going to lose the fewest people to stuff like that. Later and so many people are taking vacations . . . Life just gets more and more hectic! :crap:

BBD

Bruce K
10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Smiley;

Frankly, I have no idea.

First you guys were talking the end of the month and the 6/29-7/1 would have worked for me without conflict. That turned out to be Jazz weekend so then you said 6/22-24. That had a conflict, but I was going to change plans and come to Saratoga. Pete even said go make reservations.

Now the date has changed again and 6/8-10 is a non-negotiable date. Family comes first.

Any other weekend in June or July would be fine for me. My schedule is wide open except for the first weekend in August.

If I can't go, then I can't go. The weekend isn't built around me.

Have fun. I'll miss you all.

BK

Smiley
10-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Bruce , the explanation the hotels gave me was since the last weekend was typically reserved for the jazz festival BUT since this year the last weekend in June and July 4 th fall so close together it was done in the past that the jazz festival will move up one week. They have some car show the middle of the month too. These are yearly events in Saratoga and the hotels have these rooms booked by their regular clients and these clients book for 3 days or longer so US that want a room for one night are SOL. Thats where the problem is .

Serotta PETE
10-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Bruce, we are sorry that it looks like that is the only weekend that is left as an option, because of things going on in SARATOGA.

I was on the phone with Serotta yesterday and had locked the prior date in. As I was getting off phone, SMILEY called to let me know about JAzZ and car events. I can't tell you how much SMILEY has worked on dates with Chamber of Commerce and with hotels. Without his efforts, we would not be as far as we are now!/

Beers are on me next time I see you. Your pal!! PETE

Smiley;

Frankly, I have no idea.

First you guys were talking the end of the month and the 6/29-7/1 would have worked for me without conflict. That turned out to be Jazz weekend so then you said 6/22-24. That had a conflict, but I was going to change plans and come to Saratoga. Pete even said go make reservations.

Now the date has changed again and 6/8-10 is a non-negotiable date. Family comes first.

Any other weekend in June or July would be fine for me. My schedule is wide open except for the first weekend in August.

If I can't go, then I can't go. The weekend isn't built around me.

Have fun. I'll miss you all.

BK

Smiley
10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
We can solve this whole problem by moving the lodging part to Schnectady NY BBDaves back yard :)

Ahneida Ride
10-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Pete,

Let me know How I can help. Ben could use some assistance right before
the homecoming.