PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Do You Look Your Age?

ti_boi
10-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Many of us are young at heart, but how do we see ourselves (or for that matter how does the rest of the world see us)....???

eddief
10-24-2006, 02:22 PM
the rest of the world sees me with huge biceps, a six pack for abs, and an appendage as long as your arm.

That's how I see me too...after a couple of IPA's.

or maybe the rest of the world needs to be drinking to see me that way.

Bill Bove
10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Neither look nor act my age :banana: :banana: :banana:

tch
10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I've been told that I look far too young to have children in college. But I dunno; I think I look my age. The real problem for me is trying to figure out what 52 is supposed to look like. I have colleagues who are not even 40 but have gained 45 pounds since high school, and then I also have a good friend who is 10 years older than me and with whom I would gladly trade bodies. At a certain point in middle age, it's not simply the years: it's how you've behaved over those years.

Compared to 90% of Americans, I guess I've probably under-aged. But maybe that's just my vanity speaking.

Kevan
10-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I didn't know I looked THAT good.

swoop
10-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I dunno. Can you see Uranus in the night sky?

Fat Robert
10-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Von Paulus couldn't

d_douglas
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I am a young looking 37 year old.

When I was 30, my new employer quietly asked my wife if I was old enough to work there (had to be 18 at this place). That was a bit ridiculous, but....

Since then, I feel as though the gap between my real age and the age that others believe me to be is getting less - ie., when I was 32, people thought I was 26, when I was 34 people thought I was 29, when I was 36, people thought I was 33....... when I turn 38, people will think I am 37.

When does the gap switch and I starting looking older than I really am?

DD

BumbleBeeDave
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm 47, but I have been carded when buying beer and mistaken for my daughter's boyfriend while on vacation with her (we both thought that was slightly creepy).

I think the shaved head helps anybody look younger--no gray hair. but I also think it's difficult to tell the real age of many cyclists, becuse one of the judgement clues to age when you look at someone is their physical fitness and the way they carry themselves, and I think many cyclists are just fitter, stand taller, because of it, and so appear younger.

I've also had the unsettling experience of going to a party where several cyclists showed up--guys who I had literally never seen without a helmet and sunglasses on. I didn't recognize them until they spoke, but when they did I had a real "Oh, SH*T!" moment because I realized who they were and that they were far older--and looked it in the face--than I ever realized . . .

BBD

Fat Robert
10-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I look so young, the teenage coeds I seduce think they're robbing the cradle.

William
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Always been told I look younger then I am. That will probably change now that Pete turned me on to the red, and Dave turned me on to Tequila. :beer:

This forum is bad for my health!!!

William ;)

manet
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
!I look so old, the teenage coeds I seduce think they're rocking the chair.

William
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I look so young, the teenage coeds I seduce think they're robbing the cradle.

Is this a lie? Or the truth from a less than reputable source????

William ;) ;)

Fat Robert
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
!

If this chair's rockin

Don't come knockin

ti_boi
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I just hit the big 40...and mentioned that to my wife last night that I might shave a few years off the age when I audition with the crew of probably twenty something musicians for a spot in their band....she said that I can only get away with a very few years...but then she does seem to be good at keeping my ego in check.....Uh, Uranus?.... :rolleyes:

flydhest
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
hmmm, shouldn't we be saying if others look younger than they are, not ourselves?

Smiley looks younger than his 54 years and on a bike, Keno definitely looks younger than his mortality . . . er, age.

I'd put manet as looking his age, and I'm . . . well, I'm lucky to have married well. The Doctor is older than me and yet looks much younger.

Sandy
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
hmmm, shouldn't we be saying if others look younger than they are, not ourselves?

Smiley looks younger than his 54 years and on a bike, Keno definitely looks younger than his mortality . . . er, age.

I'd put manet as looking his age, and I'm . . . well, I'm lucky to have married well. The Doctor is older than me and yet looks much younger.

OK, I will say it- You look younger than me, but just barely! :rolleyes:

Barely 150,

Father Time

keno
10-24-2006, 03:03 PM
what's this about my morality?

BTW, I'm so old that the bar mitzvah hadn't been invented by the time I turned 13, but my friends chipped in anyway and bought me the then recently invented wheel.

keno

Sandy
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
A more important question here is will ANY cyclist say that they look older than their age (on the poll). I doubt it, and no cyclist probably should.

Sandy

Sandy
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
At your age, can you really tell me that you even know your age? :)

Sensitive Sandy

keno
10-24-2006, 03:07 PM
now that you mention it, who are you anyway?

keno

Ginger
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I have no clue...but the kids who work retail aren't helping. I think I'll stop writing checks.
Clerk, with my license in hand:
"OMG, There's no WAY you're older than my mother!"

Mmmm K kid...I'll take that as a compliment and move along.

William
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Sandy,

How old are you in dog years? Rhea Basset wants to know.

BaaWoo!!!
BaaWoo!!!

;)

Sandy
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
now that you mention it, who are you anyway?

keno

Got me.

Somebody

manet
10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
45...I'd put manet as looking his age...[/COLOR]

William
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM

Whao!

William ;)

Sandy
10-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Sandy,

How old are you in dog years? Rhea Basset wants to know.

BaaWoo!!!
BaaWoo!!!

;)

Not sure, but it must be old, even in dog years. Even the dogs are calling me Mister. :rolleyes:

Senile Social Security Sandy

Ray
10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I am a young looking 37 year old.

When does the gap switch and I starting looking older than I really am?

DD
Hit me in my early 40s. Up to about 40, peopel were always amazed that I was as old as I was - stayed fit, laughed a lot, plenty 'o hair (still dark), etc, etc. Based on the occasional photograph I'd see of myself, I pretty much agreed with them. Somewhere in my early 40s, though, the hair started to lighten and fall out, my kids got into the hormonal teenage years and forced me to start acting and feeling like an adult, I acquired an A-hole boss in my then-job, and life just started catching up to me. At 47, I'm still fit, but I occasionally catch unexpected site of myself in a mirror or photo and wonder, 'who's that old guy'? My kids give me ***** about being old and there's nobody else out there contradicting them anymore. Including me. The upside is I'm mature (or senile - fine line) enough to handle it now - doesn't really bother me at all.

Not that the same time frame will happen for anyone else. But the gap does narrow and eventually close for most of us.

-Ray

Lincoln
10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
I just hit the big 40...and mentioned that to my wife last night that I might shave a few years off the age when I audition with the crew of probably twenty something musicians for a spot in their band....she said that I can only get away with a very few years...but then she does seem to be good at keeping my ego in check.....Uh, Uranus?.... :rolleyes:

Did you catch "My Name Is Earl" last week?

ti_boi
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
No, but I love that show....which episode...is it on iTunes?

davids
10-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I used to look significantly younger than I was. Now, in my mid-40s, I think my looks are beginning to catch up with chronology. Thinning hair, wrinkling skin... It's in effect. Ah, well - consider the alternative.

p.s. I finally got my wife to watch "Earl" with me last week. She loved it.
p.p.s. Someone's got to ante up here. This is from May (I'm on the right...)

ti_boi
10-24-2006, 04:24 PM
David....you look exactly like a cyclist....but your wife is a cutie...just sayin

OK....Ti_boi and one of of his best gals! 39 and 10 months in the PIC....and I CAN'T pass for 30 anymore...... :crap: But really, I could care less!

ThasFACE
10-24-2006, 04:31 PM
When I was 30, my new employer quietly asked my wife if I was old enough to work there (had to be 18 at this place). That was a bit ridiculous, but....

Similar situation. I'll be 28 in a couple of weeks and still get carded at the movie theater. People often think that I'm in high school... but that might have more to do with my complete lack of maturity (according to my girlfriend, at least) than anything else.

dirtdigger88
10-24-2006, 04:34 PM
life has been hard on me- or Ive been hard on myself-

I look MUCH older than I am

http://www.c141heaven.us/maldeb/images/older_than_dirt.jpg

SEEE!!!! I told you so

Jason

flydhest
10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
My oldest brother is 5'8" with a baby face. Back when I was a professor, he and I would swap stories about being confused for a student--either by students or faculty. I became a professor at 26, so even if I looked my age, I still looked young to be a professor. I embarrased the Dean one day because he knew my name and that I had been hired, but when he met me didn't put 2 and 2 together. Steve (my brother) is 5-1/2 years older and only now at 40 would you think he's out of his 20s. Anyway, his line, that I stole, was to respond to people that say "you don't look old enough to be a professor . . . " "Yeah, I'm not. I lied on the application."

Manet, you trying to say you don't look 10 years older than me? Your lady, on the other hand . . . hubba, hubba, hubba.

Ozz
10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I guess I look younger...a lot of guys my age look older than me...imho. I got carded a earlier this year buying some beer. Yay for me.

pics of me celebrating b-day # 43 (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=18701)

close up from two years ago:

Grant McLean
10-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Not 40 just yet, but it's "out there".

At a wedding last summer, with my pal Sandra...
(that's me on the left)

g

djg
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I probably look about my age. Maybe folks are more likely to guess a bit low than high, and I don't recall anybody guessing way high (at least, not where they shared it with me), but at 46 I'm mostly taken for 40-something. Whatever the typical effects of shaving the head, allowing the hair to fall out gracelessly doesn't seem to shave years off the apparent age.

My 20-year college reunion was a real eye-opener on the variability of the aging process. Some of my classmates really could have passed for 30. Some looked like AARP members who weren't doing too well.

atmo
10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Some looked like AARP members who weren't doing too well.

53 and a half atmo.
i love the aarp bennies.

dave thompson
10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't know if I look my age, but at my age I'm getting solicitations from the Neptune Society!

As my dear, departed Aunt Bet used to say; "Getting old is a waste of time."

William
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
53 and a half atmo.
i love the aarp bennies.

You know what "e"? I think you're older then dirt. :D :banana: :D :fight:

William

atmo
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
You know what "e"? I think you're older then dirt. :D :banana: :D :fight:

William
nope. i just started young atmo.

swoop
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
life has been hard on me- or Ive been hard on myself-

I look MUCH older than I am

SEEE!!!! I told you so

Jason

did you say hard on twice? ewwwwwwwwww.
i'm 42, therefore i look 42. 42 looks like 42. you don't look an age.. you look like you look, and you are an age. i am dating an 11 year-old so i feel young. someday i'll work in the senate. hotness.

William
10-24-2006, 05:56 PM
did you say hard on twice? ewwwwwwwwww.
i'm 42, therefore i look 42. 42 looks like 42. you don't look an age.. you look like you look, and you are an age. i am dating an 11 year-old so i feel young. someday i'll work in the senate. hotness.

You better start deleting those e-mails now.....

William ;)

dirtdigger88
10-24-2006, 05:57 PM
HARD ON????

maybe Im NOT so old after all

Jason

William
10-24-2006, 06:00 PM
HARD ON????

maybe Im NOT so old after all

Jason

On you or yourself?????? :eek:

William ;)

Lincoln
10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
I find it amusing that I will be 40 in less than a year. I'm sure I look it, but have never been accused of acting it (not that that is usually a compliment):

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14969&stc=1

1centaur
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I bet a lot of us have better than average bodies for our age and average or worse faces after years of sun and wind, pushing ourselves hard (ever think marathoners in their forties look young in the face?), possibly dehydration, etc.

atmo
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I bet a lot of us have better than average bodies for our age and average or worse faces after years of sun and wind, pushing ourselves hard (ever think marathoners in their forties look young in the face?), possibly dehydration, etc.

yeah (http://www.pbase.com/dens/image/69117815) atmo.

Don
10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm 73 but friends tell me that I can still pass for 72!

spiderlake
10-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I didn't start college until I was 25 and graduated at 30. I enjoyed the true college experience.... joined a fraternity, drank way too much, skipped class and the list goes on. I had zero problems passing for a younger version of myself in college and that lasted until just a couple of years ago. At 39, I am still one of the "younger" people among my peers at work but these young kids coming through the ranks think I'm OLD. It doesn't help that I have the gray showing up in my sideburns. 40 is just around the bend......

An off-topic but slightly entertaining story.... At age 32/33 I was still single and got setup with a 23 year old at the office. Yeah yeah, I know what you are thinking and I was thinking it too. Anyway, on our first date I was talking about the people on my team and about one person in particular. I said something to the effect of, "He's still a kid and has a lot of growing up to do...." She asked how old this particular person was and I answered with 25..... oops. Here I am calling a 25 year old a kid and she's even younger. Fast forward a couple of months and we are still seeing each other on a semi-regular basis. "Blue Monday" by Orgy comes on the radio. She turns it up and raves about the song. I shot back with, "I loved it the first time around" which caused her to ask what I meant. I explained that New Order released this song back in the day and that what she was hearing was just a cover. Argument ensued and it was then I realized I had no desire to continue bridging such a generation gap.

Ironically, my wife is the same age as me but had never heard of New Order either....... strange.

manet
10-24-2006, 06:35 PM
fresh pair of depends...
i love the aarp bunnies.

Ginger
10-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Of course I look older than I am...

I've been told that I'm 12...it must be true.

But I certainly don't look like a 12 year old.

I'm taller than that.

Fat Robert
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
i'm on the right

i pretty much look like crap -- skinny, goofy, MP bar setup....

davids
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah (http://www.pbase.com/dens/image/69117815) atmo.
nice stem, atmo.

atmo
10-24-2006, 08:39 PM
nice stem, atmo.
iirc atmo

Karin Kirk
10-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Fat Robert you are so NOT fat!

Anyway, I had just been thinking over the last week or so that my age (38) was starting to catch up with me, looks-wise. I had this pasty, non-vibrant look. But interestingly enough I went for a great ride (cold!) today and for the rest of the day I had my youthful glow back. So for me at least, maybe the healthy look derives from hearty outdoor exercise.

But then again, all that sun is just terrible for your skin. So I guess that equation doesn't exactly add up.

As the rest of you have mentioned, feeling your age is a whole different thing. My favorite way to stay young is to ride and ski with the 20-something crowd. I get to be a lot sillier that way and if I can hang with them then I must not be doing too bad.

DarkStar
10-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Most people that meet me for the first time think that I'm 37 maybe 38 at the oldest. The truth is that I'm about to be smacked upside the head by my 50th b-day :crap:
Wish I could still ride like I was 37 :(

BillyBear
10-24-2006, 10:14 PM
skin and physique 38, hairline and hair color 58, avg = 48

shinomaster
10-24-2006, 10:41 PM
My chicana girlfriand and I still get carded.

Ken Robb
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't know if I look my age, but at my age I'm getting solicitations from the Neptune Society!

As my dear, departed Aunt Bet used to say; "Getting old is a waste of time."
Yo Dave--who ya kidding with that old photo? That's your old just-sold-again Kirk BEFORE you sent it back for the Terraplane stays.

I think I'll post my HS graduation pix. :beer:

dave thompson
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
There's not a whole lot of pics of me, so I gotta publish what I can find. Besides, I was 47 in that pic.

Ken Robb
10-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I always figured that there should be a happy period when I'd be too old for zits and too young for wrinkles. Nope--I'm 63 and have both. Crap! :crap:

BumbleBeeDave
10-25-2006, 06:38 AM
. . . should change his name to LegsOfSteelRobert! :p

BBD

Ray
10-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Fat Robert. . . should change his name to LegsOfSteelRobert! :p

BBD
That's not Fat Robert - that's clearly Dr. Doofus. Maybe FR will reappear about the time of Puxatawny Phil.

-Ray

RABikes2
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
In two months I'll be 52. I don't think I look like a "52 year old woman" and I know I don't feel like it, well, except for my knees, but occasionally when talking to my 16 yr. old son (tomorrow is his birthday), I hear this strange voice coming from me that sounds like stuff my parents said to me at his age. THEN, I think, "Oh crap, who is that old person talking!" :p
RA
I am old in computer skills or I'd repost the photo of Davis and me taken last week at the DPF's gala.

Sandy
10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
In two months I'll be 52. I don't think I look like a "52 year old woman" and I know I don't feel like it, well, except for my knees, but occasionally when talking to my 16 yr. old son (tomorrow is his birthday), I hear this strange voice coming from me that sounds like stuff my parents said to me at his age. THEN, I think, "Oh crap, who is that old person talking!" :p
RA
I am old in computer skills or I'd repost the photo of Davis and me taken last week at the DPF's gala.

Nope! Double Nope! You certainly don't look your age! Much younger.....

Sandy

weisan
10-25-2006, 08:46 AM
You looked stunning, dear RA-pal.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=17040&stc=1

People often mistaken me as younger than I looked. When I told them I am married with four kids, they can hardly believe. :p

davids
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
An off-topic but slightly entertaining story.... At age 32/33 I was still single and got setup with a 23 year old at the office. Yeah yeah, I know what you are thinking and I was thinking it too. Anyway, on our first date I was talking about the people on my team and about one person in particular. I said something to the effect of, "He's still a kid and has a lot of growing up to do...." She asked how old this particular person was and I answered with 25..... oops. Here I am calling a 25 year old a kid and she's even younger. Fast forward a couple of months and we are still seeing each other on a semi-regular basis. "Blue Monday" by Orgy comes on the radio. She turns it up and raves about the song. I shot back with, "I loved it the first time around" which caused her to ask what I meant. I explained that New Order released this song back in the day and that what she was hearing was just a cover. Argument ensued and it was then I realized I had no desire to continue bridging such a generation gap.
I hung out with a lot of college aged/early 20-somethings this summer (my wfie & daughter were working at a summer camp...) Those youngsters may be wonderful people, and those young women look lovely. But after an hour or so of conversation, I'm ready for someone closer to my own age. Nothing wrong with being that young - I'm just somewhere else now.

weisan
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Communication issues and knowledge/experience gaps are not necessarily caused by age differences.

Personally, I found that what we feed our bodies, minds and souls on a daily basis have a far greater impact on our constitution.

atmo
10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Communication issues and knowledge/experience gaps are not necessarily caused by age differences.

Personally, I found that what we feed our bodies, minds and souls on a daily basis have a far greater impact on our constitution.
i agree - and riding and hanging around with racers
every weekend is a great way to live in two worlds:
on one hand it's arrested development personified,
and on the other, it's a way to stay outside the lines,
to maintain the edge, and to fen off becomming our
parents. i mean that last one in an endearing way, and
not as a judgement atmo.

ti_boi
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
i agree - and riding and hanging around with racers
every weekend is a great way to live in two worlds:
on one hand it's arrested development personified,
and on the other, it's a way to stay outside the lines,
to maintain the edge, and to fen off becomming our
parents. i mean that last one in an endearing way, and
not as a judgement atmo.

I became my dad a long time ago....damn gene pool!

davids
10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
True! Now you've got me thinking about all the 40-somethings I do my best to avoid...

tulli
10-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm 32 but my hair is completely grey (at least I still have all of it). Often when I'm with my wife and kids people ask if my wife is the nanny or they just look at me as though I robbed the cradle.

spiderlake
10-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head. It was fun for a while but even the most mature 20-something can't make up for our years of life experience. Conversation was pretty much limited to what you might expect. Anyway, I met the woman of my dreams shortly after this experience and my life changed forever! We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary back in May and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes it takes a long journey to find something so fulfilling and amazing!

I hung out with a lot of college aged/early 20-somethings this summer (my wfie & daughter were working at a summer camp...) Those youngsters may be wonderful people, and those young women look lovely. But after an hour or so of conversation, I'm ready for someone closer to my own age. Nothing wrong with being that young - I'm just somewhere else now.

swoop
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
1/2 my practice is teenage boys. they are so much more open and frankly deeper than my adult patients.

*fart*

rpm
10-25-2006, 03:43 PM
The gray hair, balding, and beer gut genes have passed me over for now. Lord knows I have plenty of lard, but it's distributed around on my legs and other places besides my belt buckle. I also have a fairly thin looking face, so that in a helmet, glasses and pro kit, I could pass for Lance's long lost deadbeat Dad.

As a consequence, I occasionally make the days of some weekend warriors. I'll be cruising along some bike path or country road when some guy on a hybrid or low end Trek will come burning by me, thinking that he's just passed some big bike stud, not realizing he's passed a slow 60-year old geezer with a second hand liver and lots of orthopedic issues. Often, these guys burn themselves out, so that I catch up to them and give them a friendly "Howyadoon?'' as I pass. But sometimes I never catch up. Sigh.

cydewaze
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Not 40 just yet, but it's "out there".

At a wedding last summer, with my pal Sandra...
(that's me on the left)

g
Nice pic of Kevin Bacon. :D

I used to think I looked young for my age, but the years are gaining on me, quick!

I'm on the right. (I'm 41)

Waldo
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
I AM younger than my age.

trophyoftexas
10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
When I was 30 I grew a beard so that I would look older than the 19-20 that most people thought me to be...now, at 58, there is sooooooo much grey in it that I look about my age. But I can't help it if I'm 58 and think 38, much better than my wife who is 56 and thinks 66!
The link here will take you to a recent vacation shot that my nine year old granddaughter snapped and then announced "Hey Papa, you've got a hole in your hair!" Thanks kid, I could have lived another 20 years without hearing that! But bottom line is this, 5 bypasses and major back operation have aged me a little more in recent years but I still feel waaaaayyyyy younger than 58 and have no intentions of slowing down or letting the "number" of my age bother me!

http://www.trophyoftexas.com/Events/Bike_Michigan_06/target20.html

Ginger
10-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Looky looky...an artist at work!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/Gingerbike/photomanet.jpg

manet
10-25-2006, 09:30 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/easterncaster/IMG_3168.jpg

shinomaster
10-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Atmo...what's that thing in your ear? Are you a pirate?

manet
10-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Nice pic of Kevin Bacon.

canadian, not kevin

Grant McLean
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
canadian, not kevin

When "footloose" came out.... man, that was a tough one to live down.

I offered to do the stunt work for "wild things" but when Denise couldn't control
herself, they rewrote that scene for Matt.

g

manet
10-25-2006, 10:14 PM
When "footloose" came out.... man, that was a tough one to live down.

I offered to do the stunt work for "wild things" but when Denise couldn't control
herself, they rewrote that scene for Matt.

g

and "the closer"? "the woodsman"?

steelrider
10-25-2006, 10:16 PM
At 38, I am starting to look my age. I just finished a two year stint on the ambulance. That is what did it. Multiple sleepless nights. Hauling drunks and homeless to SF General Hospital. Before the ambulance, people mistook me for 28. All is good now; I made a spot on the ladder truck, I feel good about what I'm doing and I'm surfing and cycling more than ever.

gasman
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmmmm..

Looking at the poll results most of us think we look younger than our age. Most of us probably also think we are better than average drivers. We can't all be on the right of the bell curve.

Just saying.

Grant McLean
10-25-2006, 10:23 PM
and "the closer"?

I do some of my best work with Natalie. Those restraining orders are just
the way she likes to communicate when we're apart...

g

manet
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I do some of my best work with Natalie. Those restraining orders are just
the way she likes to communicate when we're apart...

g

can we get a thankyou

Sandy
10-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Hmmmm..

Looking at the poll results most of us think we look younger than our age. Most of us probably also think we are better than average drivers. We can't all be on the right of the bell curve.

Just saying.

Actually, the results did not surprise me at all. I anticipated that few, if any, cyclists would say that they look older than their age, because, in fact, most probably don't. That being a function of lifestyle decisions that they have made, which includes cycling.

Baby Sandy

bcm119
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Yup, Grant is one Kevin Bacon-lookin dude.

Karin Kirk
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Hmmmm..

Sure we can! This is the Serotta forum, after all. Where all the children are above average.

RABikes2
10-26-2006, 07:54 AM
53 and a half atmo.
i love the aarp bennies.
Nope! Double Nope! You certainly don't look your age! Much younger.....Sandy
Thanks Sandy and Weisan, except at least once a week I receive mail from AARP inviting me to join. Hmmmm...and last night I got an invitation to join for free; think they're trying to tell me something :rolleyes: ? I've resisted, but since e-Richie says it's okay, guess that's good enough for me, I'm joining.
RA

Sandy
10-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks Sandy and Weisan, except at least once a week I receive mail from AARP inviting me to join. Hmmmm...and last night I got an invitation to join for free; think they're trying to tell me something :rolleyes: ? I've resisted, but since e-Richie says it's okay, guess that's good enough for me, I'm joining.
RA

It is all a matter of perspective. I decided that I wanted to join AARP. I sent for an application. They refused to send it, stating that I was too old for membership. :rolleyes:

Sad Senile Serotta Sandy

little.man
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Interesting topic. I have been mistaken for being younger than I am quite often. But there is one comment that I no longer hear "Boy, when I was your age I was just as skinny!". And not because I have become fat, not at 5'6" and 140 or so. The gray is what is starting to make me look older. Bodywise, at 46, I do believe I could pass for a lot younger.

I have discovered that Amanda was right:

I've held it all inward, God knows, I've tried,
But it's an awful awakening in a country boy's life,
To look in the mirror in total surprise.
At the hair on my shoulders and the age in my eyes.

Amanda - Waylon Jennings

keno
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
was she totally nekked?

keno

Kevan
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
It is all a matter of perspective. I decided that I wanted to join AARP. I sent for an application. They refused to send it, stating that I was too old for membership. :rolleyes:

Sad Senile Serotta Sandy

Sandy requires the large print version and, well, he quickly lost interest when he received his second issue. It seems so large was the font that the publication had to breakdown a standard issue into multiple issues. He got the first and it simply reported:

A

That was all the news that was fit to print in those first two issues. Sandy was pretty sure he knew what was coming up for the next two months. Who could blame him. Poor fellow.

Fixed
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
no much older

trophyoftexas
10-26-2006, 02:41 PM
.....she said that if I didn't stop buying bikes that everyone would remember me forever exactly as I look today....because she's gonna kill me and today would be the LAST day so I'd never get any older looking....only mouldier looking!