PDA

View Full Version : Bicyclists vs LA car culture

vqdriver
06-23-2018, 05:50 PM
Hrm... smells like a fights abrewin..
Ostensibly friendly mayor but lack of political will could lead it nowhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/their-friend-died-in-a-hit-and-run-can-they-take-on-car-culture-in-los-angeles/ar-AAz429i?li=BBnb7Kz#image=AAz429i_0|3

tylercheung
06-23-2018, 10:11 PM
I hope it has legs. LA cycling is getting popular and we need our streets to be more human-friendly

cribbit
06-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Bird is going to be a huge cornerstone in this fight. Their ability to push scooters will massively impact how we view streets. As annoying as they can be right now we need more 2 wheel allies.

Peter P.
06-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Funny thing in the article; the suspected driver went so far as to have her SUV repainted a different color to disguise it (or was it to repair the ugly scratches left by the cyclist?)

A+ for effort. F+ for morals.

GOTHBROOKS
06-24-2018, 09:30 PM
remember when the old mayor was hit by a car on his bike and broke his elbow and still nothing changed? my fingers are still crossed.

cadence90
06-24-2018, 09:37 PM
.... ..

colker
06-24-2018, 09:45 PM
I had enough of watching ignorance being called "culture".

From violence, guns, brutality, lack of empathy for others and appreciation for any kind of artistic sensibility to being sheep and follow orders... it all becomes "culture".

NOTE: I was run over at the cycle path today. I am in pain ... just because there is a new "cycling culture" telling every disfunctional person to grab a bike and go.
"cyclists" hitting old ladies on sidewalks are "culture" also now.

campy man
06-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Motorist kills cyclist ... hit n run ... driver paints car to hide accident indicating no guilt or remorse. Will be interesting to see what the DA charges or accepts as a plea.