PDA

View Full Version : NBC Sports Gold pricing

SteveV0983
06-23-2018, 08:21 AM
I have purchased their cycling pass for the past several years going back to when it was $19.95 for just the Tour. I really enjoy the ability to put on a replay while I'm working or watch it at night. Then it went to $29.95, then $39.95, but that included many more races, so I still thought it was worth it. Now this year it went to $49.95 and I finally had to unsubscribe. Both on value and on principle.
So what are some of the best suggestions to watch it? We cut the cord with cable years ago, so internet is my only option.

oldpotatoe
06-23-2018, 08:23 AM
I have purchased their cycling pass for the past several years going back to when it was $19.95 for just the Tour. I really enjoy the ability to put on a replay while I'm working or watch it at night. Then it went to $29.95, then $39.95, but that included many more races, so I still thought it was worth it. Now this year it went to $49.95 and I finally had to unsubscribe. Both on value and on principle.
So what are some of the best suggestions to watch it? We cut the cord with cable years ago, so internet is my only option.

Tiz cycling although kinda spotty...it’s a pirated feed from EuroSport.i just re-upped my NBC Gold...reliable feeds of spring classics, TdF worth it to me..wished it covered the Premier GT, Giro...maybe next year. It should be mentioned, that altho this IS a cycling forum, NBC Gold also includes a bunch of other world class sports and events...well worth the 4bucks some per month(one frappachinotypecoffeethingy)...

kurto
06-23-2018, 09:39 AM
I’ve not been able to find a reliable and convenient way to replace NBC. There are different pirated feeds that you can get, and a few YouTube channels mirror the coverage, but it always seems to be hit or miss. I sucked it up again this year and paid the $50 for NBC. It works across devices (I use it on my phone, iPad, desktop at work, a fire stick, and a Roku), and offers a nice group of lesser races during the year and an archive of replays - I’ve been watching last year’s Tour this past week. I’m not trying to shill, and I don’t like that it keeps getting pricier, but that’s the world we live in, and it’s a total PITA to find an alternative.

kramnnim
06-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Eurosport player and a vpn might be cheaper if you just need it for a couple months.

jlwdm
06-23-2018, 11:22 AM
I am going with NBC Sports Gold again. I quit cable over the principle (tired of the cable company) and only stream. I work at home so I can just run the TDF stages over and over in my home office as I am working.

Jeff

Spaghetti Legs
06-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Tiz cycling although kinda spotty...it’s a pirated feed from EuroSport.i just re-upped my NBC Gold...reliable feeds of spring classics, TdF worth it to me..wished it covered the Premier GT, Giro...maybe next year. It should be mentioned, that altho this IS a cycling forum, NBC Gold also includes a bunch of other world class sports and events...well worth the 4bucks some per month(one frappachinotypecoffeethingy)...

If I remember correctly English PL soccer is a separate pass? If included $49.95 would be a fair to good deal. My son snd I got suckered in by the wide availability of EPL games on NBC networks 2 seasons ago then they drastically reduced the coverage this year.

Andy sti
06-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Who are the commentators with NBC Gold?

oldpotatoe
06-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Who are the commentators with NBC Gold?

Sean Kelly(color) and a couple of brits...not Phil and paul altho I don’t have the yuge HO some have for them.

cadence90
06-23-2018, 04:01 PM
.... ..

booglebug
06-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Have had Gold for a year, is it supposed to be Hi-Def? At times not getting a very clear picture.

Hindmost
06-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Dang, do you really miss Al Trautwig that much? :)

Heck, I really miss John Tesh.

https://www.amazon.com/Tour-France-1988-John-Tesh/dp/B0000000IW