PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks off, two days on, slow is great

Tom
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
I have to learn to ride like this all the time. Stop stressing. Stop thinking about what I am not doing and think about what I am doing. Stop thinking about what I am doing and think about nothing at all.

pale scotsman
10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Hell, I do that at work sometimes. Maybe I should try that with my riding... :beer:

Ray
10-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Yup - me three. I was sort of going through my typical October burnout, so I decided to get sick and take a couple of weeks off. Got back out for an easy little 25 miles the other day and it was more fun than I've had in too long. My lungs were still burning on the climbs from the residuals of a nice little sinus infection, but I didn't care. This year I tracked my mileage and unless I stop completely or go crazy for the rest of the year, it's gonna end up in the mid-5,000 mile range, maybe closer to 6,000. Which is plus or minus a few hundred from where it ends up every time I track it, so the point was WHAT exactly? Next year I'm riding without a computer again except for organized rides where I need to follow a cue sheet.

-Ray

keno
10-24-2006, 06:56 AM
after my Power Tap blew up was the best in years.

keno