PDA

View Full Version : Ellsworth Truth riders. . .

justinf
10-23-2006, 04:58 PM
(disclaimer: mountain bike content to follow)

I just got a good deal on a seldom-used 2002 Ellsworth Truth, so my hardtail search became a full-suspension purchase. This is a new thing for me, and a return to east coast singletrack riding. I'm pretty stoked.

The question is this: is there any truth to the back-and-forth about pre-04 Ells being prone to breakage, or is this just gonzo bs that won't relate to me? No 8 ft drops on my future (at least none planned), my riding is moderately aggressive, and I weigh 155 lbs.

Please reassure me that my new toy is going to kick *** like it's supposed to, in other words ;)

dirtdigger88
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
it always seemed to me that the trouble with the Truth- was that it looked like a big hit bike but it wasnt ment to be one-

if you use it like its ment to be ridden- youll be fine

Ive alway dug those frames- I have the poor mans version-

FSR XC ;)

Jason

justinf
10-23-2006, 05:10 PM
That's exactly what I'm hoping. . .thanks for the reassurance. Anyone else ride a Truth?

Ginger
10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Nope, but from what I've seen Dirt's got the right take on the bike.

Have fun re-learning how to ride. :) I think today's suspensions are better though, they actually do let you stand now and then.

J.Greene
10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
That's exactly what I'm hoping. . .thanks for the reassurance. Anyone else ride a Truth?

I have a 99 Truth, only downside is mine has bushings. You''ll be fine. it's a great riding bike enjoy.

JG

sellsworth
10-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I just got a 2004 Truth and I totally love it. I am a cross country rider and I feel that it is a supreme machine for such purposes. I've heard the same idea that the frames that were breaking weren't used as intended.