PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol use in Pro Peloton

MaraudingWalrus
06-14-2018, 05:12 PM
cyclingnews article here (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cycling-rife-with-tramadol-use-wada-report-shows/), not all that surprising, if anything surprising such a low percentage of results for it, but still interesting.

I know I carried a little packet of tylenol or ibuprofen (can't recall which) to take at mile 55ish when I was doing a fixed gear century, so I'm sure the grind of the pro peloton would induce much more usage. .

GOTHBROOKS
06-14-2018, 05:23 PM
no one messes with benzos anymore after lil peep died.

buddybikes
06-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Tramadole isn't a benzo, it is a powerful pain med that is like an opioid. Stuff totally sucks from personal (and friends) experience with severe lower back issues. Don't know how they could keep in a paceline with that stuff in you.

joosttx
06-14-2018, 05:33 PM
no one messes with benzos anymore after lil peep died.

RIP lil peep. He had a little more than Benzos in his system. In fact he had more pharm in his system than CVS stocks.

Gummee
06-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Tramadole isn't a benzo, it is a powerful pain med that is like an opioid. Stuff totally sucks from personal (and friends) experience with severe lower back issues. Don't know how they could keep in a paceline with that stuff in you.

May explain all the crashes...

M

fignon's barber
06-15-2018, 11:56 AM
I work in this field. There is absolutely no reason for a rider to use Tramadol. There are plenty of other options, including topicals, that offer better pain relief and no cns effects. It's as though pro cycling goes out of it's way to find drug problems to engage.

gasman
06-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Tramadol isn’t that powerful . It’s not your typical opiate as it has a ceiling effect and it also works on CNS norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake system.
It works for moderate pain but not so well for severe pain. I’ve administered 100’s of IV doses when I worked in New Zealand . The IV form isn’t available in the US.
Some people feel weird on it but that’s normal with pretty much any drug that affects the brain.
Its just another dumb thing to put in your system while racing.

azrider
06-15-2018, 12:30 PM
RIP lil peep. He had a little more than Benzos in his system. In fact he had more pharm in his system than CVS stocks.

Lil Peep died of an overdose of fentanyl and generic Xanax. His blood also tested positive for: marijuana, cocaine, Tramadol, and his urine tested positive for opiates such as hydrocodone, Dilauded, oxycodone and oxymorphone.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IypeKl9NJhPFMrK/giphy.gif

GOTHBROOKS
06-15-2018, 12:34 PM
its lit.

gasman
06-15-2018, 04:25 PM
I’m old.
I had to Google who Lil Peep was.:help:

azrider
06-15-2018, 04:34 PM
I’m old.

I'm not old
and I too had to Google "lil peep"

:p:p;);)

joosttx
06-15-2018, 05:39 PM
I'm not old
and I too had to Google "lil peep"

:p:p;);)

I liked lil peep more than lil xan. I am not old enough to know about lil peep but I am old enough to buy his album on itunes....

Check out Stitches he was before the lil thing.

Cicli
06-15-2018, 07:13 PM
I’m old.

Never herd of her.
Not googling either.

joosttx
06-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Never heard of him.
Not googling either.

fixed it for you.

C40_guy
06-15-2018, 07:35 PM
I’m old.

I must be older. I don't know who he was...and I didn't bother to google him. :)

thwart
06-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Ha... 'lil peep', here on a bike forum... I was wondering...

Could it be Pantani?

VDB?

joosttx
06-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Ha... 'lil peep', here on a bike forum... I was wondering...

Could it be Pantani?

VDB?

Pantani only had a gold ear ring, not face tats