PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide: What Group, Which Bike?

Nooch
06-14-2018, 09:24 AM
A lot of us suffer from an embarrassment of riches.

I'm currently re-configuring my bikes to Sram 11 speed from 10 speed.

What I've got:
Groups
Red eTap
Force 22
Red Yaw 10 speed (just need shifters to make it 11 speed)

Bikes
Serotta Pronto - Race Bike
Serotta Attack - No specified purpose
(inbound) Zanconato Steel - Geo will be very close to the pronto, so occasional race duty but not the primary race bike.

Logic is telling me not to race something I can't afford to replace easily, which is leading me to want to pull the eTap group off of the Pronto and potentially put it on the Zank, while I'd originally planned the Force 22 group for the Zank.

If I can find shifters the red 10 speed-converted-to-11-speed would likely end up on the attack. BUT, Red 22 shifters are selling for as much or more than what I could purchase a Rival 22 mini-group for.

The thought then turns into 'well, maybe I should buy a rival 22 mini group for the pronto, put the force 22 on the attack, and the etap on the zank, sell or hang onto the red yaw 10 group...' which ultimately makes me question 'isn't the pronto worth more than rival?'

I don't really know what my point is in posting this -- maybe someone will come along with some sage wisdom or just help me talk out my decision making process, lol.

What would you do?

parris
06-14-2018, 09:52 AM
bicycles are silly. sell them all and take up golf it's MUCH more affordable! :D

Nooch
06-14-2018, 12:35 PM
bicycles are silly. sell them all and take up golf it's MUCH more affordable! :D

LOL. My game is awful. Last time I went to the driving range I lost the head of one of my woods...

RedRider
06-15-2018, 08:02 AM
Sell both Serotta bikes. Keep the Zanc. Buy a Moots RSL Routt (or comparable titanium disc performance frame).
Then you'll have a very versatile arsenal.

Clean39T
06-15-2018, 09:24 AM
The struggle is real.1697962007

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

thegunner
06-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Sell both Serotta bikes. Keep the Zanc. Buy a Moots RSL Routt (or comparable titanium disc performance frame).

... you'd sell a pronto to get a moots? ehhh, i don't know if i agree with this.

drew, i'd sell the attack though.

Nooch
06-15-2018, 01:13 PM

ehhhhh no, i'm gonna pass on that one :) I made the mistake of unloading the pronto once.. not likely to ever do that again.

Andy sti
06-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Just get Force 22 levers for the 10spd group. That'll work perfectly.

Andy sti
06-15-2018, 02:06 PM
How much do you race? I've seen so many guys racing with etap lately.

Nooch
06-15-2018, 02:10 PM
How much do you race? I've seen so many guys racing with etap lately.

about 10-15 times annually, +/-

Andy sti
06-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Just go etap on the Pronto then.

Nooch
06-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Just go etap on the Pronto then.

I mean how messed up can it really get... :)

now to find some force or red shifters..

ltwtsculler91
06-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Nice groups for nicer bikes:
eTap - Pronto
Red - Attack
Force22 - Zanc

Why mess with what you've got working? The Pronto deserves Red

Signed, the guy soon to be racing Force22 on his steel bike...

Andy sti
06-15-2018, 03:53 PM
I mean how messed up can it really get... :)

Exactly! Only a few races a year so a small chance of crashing. Plus if you do go down still have the chance of a non-drive side fall. That stuff will remain perfect forever.:banana:

thegunner
06-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Exactly! Only a few races a year so a small chance of crashing. Plus if you do go down still have the chance of a non-drive side fall. That stuff will remain perfect forever.:banana:

that has literally never happened to me.