PDA

View Full Version : OT...Light Gives Heat

onekgguy
10-22-2006, 11:52 PM
My wife and daughter and I went to a concert last night...Jars of Clay. They're a Christian band. Please don't let that stop you from considering what they're about. Darfur. Dan Haseltine and his band have taken on the desperate plight of the people in that country in east Africa and formed a program called Bloodwater Mission. (http://www.bloodwatermission.com/index.php?) They closed out the show with this stirring song titled, Light Gives Heat. It's a song about how our good intentions are sometimes seen in a sort of condescending way when all they really want is our help. They're desperate for help but there's nothing second class about them as a people. Lucky for us that we were born into prosperity. Anyway, I took this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxU-gkLNTw) and posted it to my YouTube account. The video is good but the audio is not as we were seated next to a massive speaker...yes, we had ear plugs.

You would think that in our world today this sort of thing should not be happening but it is. A part of me thinks we're destined to always have this sort of despair lurking on the sidelines just enough to needle us just a bit and a part of me thinks that we all should be rolling up our sleeves and doing much more than we already are.

Kevin

Light Gives Heat

Catch the rain empty hands
Save the children from their lands
Wash the darkness from their skin
Heroes from the west
We don't know you, we know best
But this is not a test

You treat me like I'm blind
Setting fires around houses on the hill
But light gives heat
You segregate my mind