PDA

View Full Version : Watteam Powerbeat Power Meter

tjk23
06-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Is anyone here using these? I have seen really mixed reviews about them, hoping to find some real world reviews.

Bentley
06-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Ok, what is a Watteam Powerbeat?

R3awak3n
06-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Ok, what is a Watteam Powerbeat?

power meter

false_Aest
06-12-2018, 06:08 PM
I tried them out. They work. No comment on their accuracy or consistency because I didn't have anything to compare it against (eg power tap, SRM, etc)

I didn't opt for them because I tend to be rough on things and I'm pretty sure I'll break them pretty quickly.

unterhausen
06-12-2018, 06:32 PM
I feel like I'd find a way to scrub all those loose parts off of the crank

BobO
06-12-2018, 07:57 PM
I tried it out for several months. In my case it was an exercise in frustration, though I will say that their tech support was timely and helpful. But, in the end we just couldn't get my system functioning in a consistent manner. There was probably something functionally wrong in a piece of hardware. They were great about making me whole. I ended up with a 4iiii system that works great and produces very consistent data.

I still think the product has potential, it just didn't work out for me.

MagicHour
06-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Looked interesting for the $ but I bought a 4iiii precision today on a whim for about $15 more than the WatTeam factory install cost. I didn’t want to mess around with their install process introducing the possibility of error & the system looks a little fragile and janky to me. They do get some mostly positive reviews though.

I tried it out for several months. In my case it was an exercise in frustration, though I will say that their tech support was timely and helpful. But, in the end we just couldn't get my system functioning in a consistent manner. There was probably something functionally wrong in a piece of hardware. They were great about making me whole. I ended up with a 4iiii system that works great and produces very consistent data.

I still think the product has potential, it just didn't work out for me.