PDA

View Full Version : specialized power saddle set back

guru
06-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Just picked up a Specialized Power saddle. The instructions indicate to position the saddle 3cm further back than a traditional saddle. I have the saddle pushed all the way back on a already setback seatpost but still don't have enough rail to push the saddle the full 3cm back.
Has anyone else run into this same problem?

skouri1
06-10-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure but since it's shorter they could just mean measured Fromm bb to saddle nose

R3awak3n
06-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Just picked up a Specialized Power saddle. The instructions indicate to position the saddle 3cm further back than a traditional saddle. I have the saddle pushed all the way back on a already setback seatpost but still don't have enough rail to push the saddle the full 3cm back.
Has anyone else run into this same problem?

I would give it a try before going by exactly what spesh says. That said what setback is your seatpost? you may be on a thomson (16mm) or something that is 20mm and could get a 25mm post.

my experience with the power is that I did not have to put it exaclty 3cm back compared to other saddles... The saddle is similar to thers just missing the nose, definitely went a bit more back but don't think it was that much

dem
06-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Assuming you're not riding some weird saddle right now (SMP, Infinity, etc) - the best way is to place the Power upside down on your existing saddle, and attempt to align the shapes as best you can and start there. You can then measure the offset nose-to-nose and install the Power based off that.

gasman
06-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Just get it approximenty where others have said the ride and adjust. That’s what I did. They’re easy to set up.

tv_vt
06-10-2018, 09:54 PM
What model Power are you all using? How do you like them? What did you have on your bikes before?

Curious about them, although I do like the Prologo Scratch Pro saddle I'm using now.