PDA

View Full Version : OT Dog followup

djg
10-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I appreciate all the feedback I got on the great dog search problem.

We decided, however, not to get a dog.

We decided to get two. It's a take two, they're small deal. Right now they're on a sort of a sleep-over--a dry run for the dogs, our kids, and the owner. I think it's likely to work out though, in which case we'll have a soft coated wheaten terrier and a schnauser.

Kevan
10-22-2006, 07:19 AM
two dogs are good for those times when they are left home alone, they have each other's company. But two also means twice the problems and twice the vet bill. Enjoy.

ti_boi
10-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Had 'two' for the past 12 years...I concur!

TriJim
10-22-2006, 08:06 AM
and twice the love!

Kevin
10-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Don't tell my kids that you can replace one departed dog with TWO new dogs. :)

Kevin

manet
10-22-2006, 08:37 AM
and twice the love!

the joy(s) of cleavage

Louis
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I've found that two pets are way better than one, (both for the pets and the humans) and not twice the hassle. It's definitely the way to go.

Louis

Tom
10-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Pictures. We need pictures.

Sandy
10-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Yep! We need pictures!

Shutterbug Sandy

Kevan
10-22-2006, 02:28 PM
two Sandys might be two too much.

Bruce H.
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Only TWO?????
I found one can never have enough Golden Retriever's.

Tailwinds
10-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Besides the extra $ spent on vet bills and food, having 2 dogs is as easy as having one dog. You're taking one dog out to play... so grab another leash and take two. You're feeding one dog... pour another bowl of food. It's wonderful, and I think it's good for them to have the company. My younger dog helps keep my older dog moving and playing more than she would without him, and my older dog set a good example for him when he was a puppy... but you are looking at two puppies, so that will be different.

I bet they are cute. Can't wait to see pix if it works out!

Dekonick
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Good looking dogs!

I want another but my wife won't go for it. Instead we settled for another child!

Gonna have #2!!! (3 months pregnant!)

I'll let the 2 kids work on mom for another dog in a few years...

djg
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Pictures. We need pictures.

I'll see what I can do.

Kevan
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Good looking dogs!

I want another but my wife won't go for it. Instead we settled for another child!

Gonna have #2!!! (3 months pregnant!)

I'll let the 2 kids work on mom for another dog in a few years...

the vet bills will be a lot less expensive. But seeing as you've already made your decision, the best of luck to you and yours. Great news.

Lincoln
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Besides the extra $ spent on vet bills and food, having 2 dogs is as easy as having one dog. You're taking one dog out to play... so grab another leash and take two. You're feeding one dog... pour another bowl of food. It's wonderful, and I think it's good for them to have the company. My younger dog helps keep my older dog moving and playing more than she would without him, and my older dog set a good example for him when he was a puppy... but you are looking at two puppies, so that will be different.

Great looking duo!

Sandy
10-22-2006, 11:55 PM

Two very attractive dogs and healthy looking dogs. I think that the gray and black one needs to go on some more walks and/or have his nails clipped.

Bow Wow Sandy

ti_boi
10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
In fact it was my wife's idea to get a second terrier.....she said exactly what has been said here..."Ever owned two dogs?"....I firmly believe that this decision saved the sanity of my first dog who was a year-old at the time we got the 2nd...he was amazing, but very needy. He was high strung and even chewed through a window sill (!) like some deranged beaver while we were out for dinner once...then we got terrier #2.....Ahhhhhhhhh...the first one immediately liked the second one....they were best friends the moment they met. No issues. No competition....just fast tail wagging and excitement. Now when we left the house they were fine....two co-conspirators who didn't mind being left on their own. Last year when the younger one suddly developed massive kidney stones....I plopped down a couple of grand to save him...he recovered beautifully. Much to my relief and his older brothers! Now the very tough and stoic older brother has a recurrent stiff joint in his hip and sometimes limps a little after he naps (who doesn't)....but these two boys have had many good years together....and hopefully a few more! Enjoy your new friends....