PDA

View Full Version : front derailleur limit screw backed out and does not clear FD

R3awak3n
06-07-2018, 04:57 AM
Having this weird annoying problem. Switched from an etap crank to a quarq etap crank. Before had no problems but now with the quarq the chain ever so slightly rubs on the small ring (when big ring in the back). It barely rubs but the limit screw is backed out.

I thought to myself, maybe I just need a .5mm spacer on each side on the GXP BB but not being able to find these (it comes with 2.5mm spacers for mtb cranks).

ANyone have any suggestions or has had a similar problem?

edit - I guess these would probably work? - https://wheelsmfg.com/24mm-id-x-0-5mm-crank-spindle-spacer-10-pack.html

ergott
06-07-2018, 05:09 AM
I would just follow the same steps as you would for mounting the derailleur for the first time including loosening the mounting bolt. If you still have clearance issues then look to spacers. I have run the Red Quarq with eTap without and issue.

R3awak3n
06-07-2018, 05:19 AM
I would just follow the same steps as you would for mounting the derailleur for the first time including loosening the mounting bolt. If you still have clearance issues then look to spacers. I have run the Red Quarq with eTap without and issue.

its a braze on derailleur so that could have something to do with it. I am going to try to set it up from scratch this weekend. I switched one to the other and did not do much setup so had some rubbing. Then adjusted the FD ever so slighting, and got it better but its not perfect and now the FD is not perfectly straight according to sram guides. Shifts fine but still some noise.