PDA

View Full Version : Help: Kask Protone Replacement Parts

mavic1010
06-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Looking for this pad for the Kask Protone. Anyone know where I can get it?

charliedid
06-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Try Kask direct

info@kaskamerica.us

https://www.kask.com/en-us/?&campaignid=1376030387&adgroupid=55538174100&network=g&creative=266892670687&keyword=%2Bkask&adposition=1t1&placement=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjN7YBRCOARIsAFCb934omhsYNbNfi1PByx_q A7EREZYvSsZf_KVZlPeKQr9VLFFxjIXTGiwaArx_EALw_wcB

false_Aest
06-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Highway 2 is the distro. we've used. They might be able to help.

charliedid
06-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Highway 2 is the distro. we've used. They might be able to help.

They might help but that part is not listed on the website.

corky
06-07-2018, 01:08 AM
They always fall off..... I’ve lived without mine for over a year, and I haven’t got any hair either

simplemind
06-07-2018, 04:07 AM
Had the same issue. I had to go to a B&M store that carried Kask for them to look at it, take photo's, and get a replacement approved. It took a few weeks, but they sent a replacement "hair net" at no charge. The new one was a slightly different design, so they've had issues with it.

huck*this
06-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Same issue as above. Missing pad on the cradle. Went to a Kask dealer a couple towns over. Quick phone call to Kask and they sent a replacement at no charge. Complete new cradle. FYI Kask for warranty purposes will only talk with an AD.

rst72
06-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Mine fell off...non issue.

you could easily replicate that on your own and glue it in.

Keith A
06-07-2018, 10:46 AM
I recently bought a Protone and it's a little disappointing to hear about this issue on a helmet that retails for almost $300.

Avispa
06-07-2018, 10:59 AM
I find it incredible that Kask has made this pads so flimsy and difficult to replace and they make it difficult for end users to easily find these parts. Some of my friends shave their heads and these pads barely stay on for more than one month after their first use!

For a helmet this expensive, these pads should be much better glued, made of a better material and be easily replaced. And let alone the straps! If you have a problem with the leather chin strap or any parts of the straps, you practically have to dispose the helmet and pray for a warranty replacement.

One can replace almost anything on their cheaper Mojito helmets and I like the thicker straps. It's too bad that Kask's other helmets do not have the "baseball cap" feel of the Protone. I love the feel of the Protone and the way it sits on my head, better than any helmet I've used... By the way, not even their new Valegro is as comfortable.

I have access to the Kask Distributors in NA and even for us on the "inside" this has been a headache to get these parts. First, Kask (or the distributor) would not send the pads, they would want to send an entire harness assembly and if you wanted more than one, they would ask for payment!

I have resolved this problem for me and many of my friends and we have been happy for a while:

1) I went to a local Michael's Hobby Store and tried to find the most comfortable material that would feel to the touch.
2) I found this Velcro cloth tape and this industrial glue and I made a pad to replace the pads that became unglued off the helmet. I have ridden with this helmet for over a year and "my pad" has never come off. I am sure one could just try and glue the Kask pads with the industrial glue before they get lost, but I like the soft side of the Velcro better and the sticky back of it helps it adhere better to the helmet harness.
3) I have made smaller pieces with the Velcro to go on the smaller pad locations and they also work great. One does not need to make them identical size, all you need is a soft pad between your head and the plastic harness.

Hope this helps! :)

Keith A
07-23-2023, 05:03 PM
Bumping this up to see if the solution is still to contact Kask directly. Finally had one of mine fall off and I'd like to replace it.