PDA

View Full Version : Old Topic I know: Are disc brakes....?

fstrthnu
10-21-2006, 04:48 PM
I am feeling foclempst... I'll give you a topic. Disc Brakes... Are they UCI legal in 2006-2007 for cyclocross? Talk amongst yourselves.

Confused,
Fstrthnu

davids
10-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Dude,

It's verklempt (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=verklempt).

As far as the UCI disc brake thang, I dunno.

obtuse
10-21-2006, 06:10 PM
they're illegal for uci events. what this means is YOU can't use'em. the little lady surely can because she doesn't hold a uci license and no one is going to give a shi'ite unless she plans to race pro races sanctioned by the uci which require her to take out a uci license.

verstehst me?

check out uci.ch/imgArchive/Rules/1gene-E.pdf

scroll to page 64 i think. that's the rules as of 5/12/2005 which are the latest.

obtuse

fstrthnu
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM
What about this?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=18648&highlight=lemond+disc

moot?

imho bros,
Fstrthnu

fstrthnu
10-21-2006, 07:07 PM
they're illegal for uci events. what this means is YOU can't use'em. the little lady surely can because she doesn't hold a uci license and no one is going to give a shi'ite unless she plans to race pro races sanctioned by the uci which require her to take out a uci license.

verstehst me?

check out uci.ch/imgArchive/Rules/1gene-E.pdf

scroll to page 64 i think. that's the rules as of 5/12/2005 which are the latest.

obtuse

Obtuse,
Thank You. Didn't see this before I posted. I will ask Gaydam Myerspace tommorow. UCI headhoncho imho.

Fstrthnu

fstrthnu
10-21-2006, 07:08 PM
P.S. My girl will be UCI material soon. Who has a tiny cross bike to sell me?

Fstrthnu

Bruce K
10-21-2006, 11:11 PM
How tiny?

I'm guessing that little Hot Tubes bike that Gabe Anthony was on at Gloucester will be for sale by next season when the kid grows.

Stu Thorne has a kids size Red Line cross bike on the floor at Bay Road Bikes in Hamilton, MA as well.

Or, you could wait for atmo to build you one. ;)

BK