PDA

View Full Version : Knife wielding cyclist lunges at car - video

veggieburger
06-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Yikes.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06/01/knife-wielding-cyclist-lunges-at-drivers-car-in-terrifying-video.html

ultraman6970
06-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Between you and me, the idiot at the car did not have to run the cyclist over.

The cyclist over reacted but well the car could have have broke his legs or something, so the driver got that coming IMO.

I would have puncture all the tires, and leave, the driver had a lot to explain to the owner of the other car already.

That driver wont forget again what happened, and probably he wont run cyclist over ever again.

jamesdak
06-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Well, we all have out breaking point. I've been hit a couple of times, run off on purpose a few times. Had drinks, money, batteries, etc thrown at me.

There may come a day I "over react" too. I mean when a car crossed completely into the opposite lane just to run you off the road I see that as attempted murder. No kidding. A one ton (or more car) coming at you a 55 mph will kill you. Not the case in the video but he still could have gotten seriously messed up.

Salty
06-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Well, we all have out breaking point. I've been hit a couple of times, run off on purpose a few times. Had drinks, money, batteries, etc thrown at me.

There may come a day I "over react" too. I mean when a car crossed completely into the opposite lane just to run you off the road I see that as attempted murder. No kidding. A one ton (or more car) coming at you a 55 mph will kill you. Not the case in the video but he still could have gotten seriously messed up.

Do you mind if I ask where you ride that all this has happened to you?

BdaGhisallo
06-04-2018, 11:44 AM
The UK is entering its own special kind of crazy time right now. The authorities there are more concerned with policing speech than they are with dealing with real crime that leads to injury and damage. I fear for Britain's future.

rousseau
06-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Clearly the cyclist and car driver either knew each other or had already had a previous altercation or dispute. That's obvious from the video.

Appreciate the link to "Faux News," though. Made the mistake of looking at the comments, and was disgusted, though unsurprised, at what a wretched hive of racist knuckle-draggers its constituency is. Christ.

vqdriver
06-04-2018, 12:15 PM
am i the only one who sees a driver trying to escape a situation?
looks to me like the driver is stuck in a long row of cars in traffic trying to flee when he knocks over the bike. and to be clear, just because he's on a bike does not make him a 'cyclist'.
let's not paint the guy as someone rolling with a giant knife that's out for a sunday stroll fending off aggressive drivers. can you imagine what would have happened if he managed to break the driver's window instead of the passenger side???

jamesdak
06-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Do you mind if I ask where you ride that all this has happened to you?

Utah, in the country. A lot of issues were the drunks coming off the lake. They outlawed drinking at the lake and suddenly the crowds and the stupidity has ended.

I was hit 3 times in two years by support vehicles for a Ragnar race that comes through my area. I actually quit riding for several years while they were here. I did it Friday though and it was the least chaotic in years.

Granted, I do ride 6 days a week and normally do 5000 - 8000 a year. This year I'm way off pace due to a random wreck from a dog shooting out into the road and right into my front wheel. Still recovering from that. I sure do love to ride though, it's relaxing. LOL!

veggieburger
06-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Appreciate the link to "Faux News," though. Made the mistake of looking at the comments, and was disgusted, though unsurprised, at what a wretched hive of racist knuckle-draggers its constituency is. Christ.

Let's not degrade this discussion....I'm no fan of Fox, but check many of the other 'reputable' news sites and see the junk that sprouts up on the bottom. Not unique to Fox, I'm afraid.

ultraman6970
06-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Thats the UK, the drive at the other side, the car was parked (eventhought looks like it was a car line stopped) and tried to get off the spot so quick that ran over the cyclist, look twice before presing the gas type of situation, he, the driver f'ed up. Then he noticed he run over the bike and steered the other way and hit the other car (dumb-@$$), panic from the crash took over, saw the guy with the knife and sure he peed himself right there.

HE wont sleep in a while plus will look like 20 times for riders from now on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw

Which was inspired on a similar situation :D

am i the only one who sees a driver trying to escape a situation?

josephr
06-04-2018, 05:02 PM
am I the only who objects to the term "cyclist" being used to identify anyone who rides a bicycle? I seriously doubt anyone on my weekly evening rides is carrying a machete in their jersey pocket.

Louis
06-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Better not mess with cyclists - you never know when one will snap. Give them all a wide berth...

moobikes
06-04-2018, 06:49 PM
The driver was definitely stupid to pull that move on the biker but sure looks like he managed to offend a gangbanger who was JRA. How does anybody hide that big a knife in their pants without cutting themselves?

The UK now has a very serious problem with thugs using knives to carry out their crimes/ murders.

Cloozoe
06-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Let's not degrade this discussion....I'm no fan of Fox, but check many of the other 'reputable' news sites and see the junk that sprouts up on the bottom. Not unique to Fox, I'm afraid.

Please. I'm no fan of politics on bike forums or the superficiallity and show business slant of any current network news organization, but from a provable, objectively accurate perspective FOX news is a pure propaganda operation in a way that cannot truthfully be said about other 'reputable news sites' including conservative ones such as the WSJ. Ive got all the patience in the world to debate the ramifications of 2+2 equalling 4, but people shamelessly claiming that 2+2=5 have done a lot of damage.

pbarry
06-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Close call with a quick pull out. Did not look intentional.. Been there a thousand times, and once or twice lost my sh** but no weapon involved. No one bled or died. What's the big deal?

jamesdak
06-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Please. I'm no fan of politics on bike forums or the superficiallity and show business slant of any current network news organization, but from a provable, objectively accurate perspective FOX news is a pure propaganda operation in a way that cannot truthfully be said about other 'reputable news sites' including conservative ones such as the WSJ. Ive got all the patience in the world to debate the ramifications of 2+2 equalling 4, but people shamelessly claiming that 2+2=5 have done a lot of damage.

"reputable news sites" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think there's a better chance of finding Bigfoot than unbiased news now days.

C40_guy
06-04-2018, 07:56 PM
It looks to me like the cyclist and driver interacted prior to the car moving. The driver moved so quickly, after hitting the cyclist, that he rammed another car.

Looks like the driver was trying to get away from the cyclist, appears pretty insane.

In any event, this doesn't look to me like a cycling incident. How about we leave it alone...

54ny77
06-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that's a "cyclist" and a "knife" about as close as I am to being a grand tour contender.

d_douglas
06-04-2018, 11:01 PM
That video looks fake to me, which I partially why I don’t own a TV and I fear for the future for my children - the Decline of Western Civilization

veggieburger
06-05-2018, 08:11 AM

I just wanted to share a link that was forwarded to me from a Fox site. That's it. Last week I clicked on an 'article' at the bottom of one of our very reputable Canadian new sites re: a particular hockey player busted for doping, and was taken to a Xendarine for sale site. AGAIN, no fan of Fox...or many many of the other cr@p sites out there.

bicycletricycle
06-05-2018, 09:26 AM
that is really scary.

cyclist with knife? I would go with criminal with dagger.

merlinmurph
06-05-2018, 12:56 PM
That's quite the knife. Reminds me of Dundee

https://youtu.be/_vW54lAtldI

cadence90
06-05-2018, 01:08 PM

rousseau
06-05-2018, 01:18 PM
I just wanted to share a link that was forwarded to me from a Fox site. That's it. Last week I clicked on an 'article' at the bottom of one of our very reputable Canadian new sites re: a particular hockey player busted for doping, and was taken to a Xendarine for sale site. AGAIN, no fan of Fox...or many many of the other cr@p sites out there.
Since people on this thread keep coming back to this: you seem to be pushing this bizarre sort of equivalence between Fox and other more reputable news organizations. I'm not sure why.

1. All media organizations have some sort of bias, but Fox and many other right/alt-right "news" media are vacuous propaganda.
2. You claim that the comments sections of news media websites are all the same, but that's objectively untrue. Nowhere else have I ever seen the unbelievable onslaught of racist filth that is present under that story on the Fox site. It's literally, ahem, beyond the pale. As is linking to Fox "News" on any decent discussion forum.
3. That link on a reputable Canadian news site that you clicked on was obviously an ad. The idea that ad links to dodgy-seeming websites is in any way similar to the steaming pile of racist crap you get with Fox is just crazy.

I know this probably totally derails this thread, but c'mon! Anyway, no more from me on this, and I promise to do my best to avoid politically contentious stuff on the Paceline in the future.

bicycletricycle
06-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Are you saying that linking to a fox news story is inappropriate? Not everyone agrees with your opinion of Fox news and plenty of people have are similarly offended by CNN/MSNBC. I don't see a need to make this political it can only lead to an argument with no endpoint IMHO.

It was clear that the link was posted to share the video. Why should they have to find some other link to the video that fits better with your politics?

I am probably making this worse but I could not help myself.

Since people on this thread keep coming back to this: you seem to be pushing this bizarre sort of equivalence between Fox and other more reputable news organizations. I'm not sure why.

1. All media organizations have some sort of bias, but Fox and many other right/alt-right "news" media are vacuous propaganda.
2. You claim that the comments sections of news media websites are all the same, but that's objectively untrue. Nowhere else have I ever seen the unbelievable onslaught of racist filth that is present under that story on the Fox site. It's literally, ahem, beyond the pale. As is linking to Fox "News" on any decent discussion forum.
3. That link on a reputable Canadian news site that you clicked on was obviously an ad. The idea that ad links to dodgy-seeming websites is in any way similar to the steaming pile of racist crap you get with Fox is just crazy.

I know this probably totally derails this thread, but c'mon! Anyway, no more from me on this, and I promise to do my best to avoid politically contentious stuff on the Paceline in the future.

rousseau
06-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Are you saying that linking to a fox news story is inappropriate? Not everyone agrees with your opinion of Fox news and plenty of people have are similarly offended by CNN/MSNBC. I don't see a need to make this political it can only lead to an argument with no endpoint IMHO.

It was clear that the link was posted to share the video. Why should they have to find some other link to the video that fits better with your politics?

I am probably making this worse but I could not help myself.
Once again with this bizarre equivalence thing. CNN? Seriously? Did you see the unbelievably racist comments under the story on the Fox site? Not just one or two, but virtually all of them. When have you ever seen that on CNN?

How is that kind of racism acceptable anywhere in 2018? Next we'll have people casually linking to stories about cycling issues from Stormfront or Breitbart!

gdw
06-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Ummm, this thread is about an extreme road rage incident involving a guy on a bike and the operator of a motor vehicle..... not Fox News. Please stay on topic.

William
06-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Certain members have been previously warned about political rants in past threads and one decided to go ahead and derail a thread again so an infraction has been handed out.

Please keep on topic and refrain from political ranting going forward.

William

C40_guy
06-05-2018, 02:44 PM
I think the only thing on-topic in the original posted video was the innocent bicycle, which just happened to get between a crazy person and a frightened person.

I'm not sure which of the two people was crazy. My gut tells me that it was the guy carrying the big knife...

veggieburger
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Certain members have been previously warned about political rants in past threads and one decided to go ahead and derail a thread again so an infraction has been handed out.

Please keep on topic and refrain from political ranting going forward.

William

Thank you.