PDA

View Full Version : Sasb2000: Should he stay or should he go?

Too Tall
10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Last weekend I had the good fortune to show one of the forums most illustrious riders around the DC area ON BIKES :) Woo woo. Great day for a ride. ZNFNDL joined for some of the ride before "dutie beckoned...Boy Scout!!!". Now I want to let you all in on a fact or two about this guy Saab2000. First, he is a real deal bike rider and it does not matter what he rides or where he rides it the boy has skills :) Kewl. We probably rode too far and that's my fault mea culp dewd BUT I was having a good time and you did not complain.

We ended the ride in Georgetown smack dab in the middle of a food festival where we were immediately assaulted by a nice woman holding a very small dog. True facts.

Saab2000 you need to get the f out of Dodge and move to DC.

Kevan
10-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I love riding that DC town. Maybe.. just maybe.. I'll be down there Xmas time for a day or two. I hope so, please try to keep it warm down thar.

Oh, he should stay.

Fat Robert
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
saab-j needs to fly out of charlotte, and live here. i need somebody to draft.

saab2000
10-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I am blushing.

saab2000
10-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Now I am done blushing.

The ride with Too Tall and ZNFNDL was one of my most fun all year. It was a blast and I saw a side of the riding in DC that I did not know existed. It also seems like a city I would like. Best part is that I have family (a brother and two nieces) there. Plus I would work there and not have to commute half way across the country. Fat Robert - tell my company to open a base in Charlotte and we can talk. We have a base right there on the Potomac at Reagan National.

One big issue is $$$. It is a spendy place to live for sure. But I will try to make it work. I know I can find places for no more than I am now paying.

Anyway, Too Tall and ZNFNDL are riders of the highest order. ZNFNDL apparently regularly does 180 mile rides out to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I think Too Tall does epic rides like this often as well.

I feel very privileged to have met these two fine gentlemen and hope to accompany both of them on many future rides. Dudes like that make me want to live in DC.

Too Tall
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
:) No sweat bruddah.

OK Kevan. Bring it!!!

mikemets
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
:) No sweat bruddah.

OK Kevan. Bring it!!!

Be careful Kevan, that saab dude said he did a sub 4 hour century, YIKES!

Kevan
10-21-2006, 05:37 PM

cure him of that!

05Fierte TI
10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by mikemets

Sub four hour century, wow, now that's indimidating!

BumbleBeeDave
10-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Did you take him to Jolt And Bolt? :eek:

BBD

Too Tall
10-21-2006, 06:21 PM
No Jolt n' Bolt...I pointed it out. My rep. stay intact with the owner ;)
It was a one coffee shop ride, heavy in the riding part.

Ginger
10-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Did you get the digits? (from the woman with a very small dog)

Perhaps he just needs to find a Too Tall style fun hog where he's living now to show him about the place?

It's sort of like Detroit. People who have been here a few years ask me "You mountain bike? Where?" Or they don't realize that you can ride to the start of group rides in the area that take some interesting routes.

Some areas like to keep their secrets.

Oh heck. Move. Change of scenery will do you good.

Sandy
10-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Saab should stay.

Sandy

Ray
10-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mikemets

Sub four hour century, wow, now that's indimidating!
Hey, the guy rode in the friggin US Pro in Philly back in the day! That ought to tell you all you need to know. He was thinking about moving to these parts for a while and I offered to DRIVE him around the area - I'm not going out in these hills with a mutha like that.

-Ray

saab2000
10-21-2006, 06:35 PM
The dog was the size of a squirrel. I am not kidding. And it was full grown.

For those wondering, the four hour centuries were done in packs of racers. Not solo. But one dude did once take off at the beginning and was never seen 'til the finish of the Octoberfest Century in La Crosse, WI. We finished in about 3:55 and he beat us.

I am liking some things in Virginia Beach. I like the weather and I like the little Pungo area immediately south of Virginia Beach. But it is really really really flat. And for a single guy the social life is a bit lacking. The food fair at Georgetown somehow held more appeal than driving around in a 10-foot tall pickup truck in muddy fields with other people in 10-foot tall pickups.

That said, the Ghent area of Norfolk is really nice.

My drifting ways will probably continue and I don't expect to put deep roots in here in Virginia Beach.

znfdl
10-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Saab:

Thanks for the kind words, you should move here.

I have a triathlete friend who is a chiroparctor that I think you should meet.

It would be zinfully good.

csm
10-21-2006, 09:46 PM
my little brother lives in dc and loves it. he works for the caps and gets me free tix to the games. as far as cities go I'd almost move there.