PDA

View Full Version : Shimano 600 8 speed era hub work with 9 or 10 speed?

paredown
06-03-2018, 02:14 PM
I know less than nothing about Shimano, but I am listing a wheel set on the 'Bay and don't want to mislead.

The rear hub is a Shimano 600 tricolor--the one that has the extra threading for Uniglide, although it has a Hyperglide 8 cassette on it at present.

I'm pretty sure this will work for 9 speed--but will it work for 10 as well?

( I got boggled on Sheldon's site--there is almost too much information for my tiny brain to process...)

TIA
Dean

zmudshark
06-03-2018, 02:45 PM
I know less than nothing about Shimano, but I am listing a wheel set on the 'Bay and don't want to mislead.

The rear hub is a Shimano 600 tricolor--the one that has the extra threading for Uniglide, although it has a Hyperglide 8 cassette on it at present.

I'm pretty sure this will work for 9 speed--but will it work for 10 as well?

( I got boggled on Sheldon's site--there is almost too much information for my tiny brain to process...)

TIA
Dean

Yes, it will. Hyperglide only, obviously.

Kontact
06-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Any "8 speed" Hyperglide (lockring) hub Shimano compatible hub will accept 7, 8, 9 or 10 cassettes. The 7 just needs a spacer. The 11 speed will take all of those as well with a spacer.

paredown
06-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Any "8 speed" Hyperglide (lockring) hub Shimano compatible hub will accept 7, 8, 9 or 10 cassettes. The 7 just needs a spacer. The 11 speed will take all of those as well with a spacer.

Thanks guys--this is what I understood from Sheldon, but wanted to make sure.