PDA

View Full Version : Current brake pull ratios?

vqdriver
06-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Anyone familiar with the mix-and-matchability of the latest sram/shimano/campy levers? After shimano changed things up i havent kept up.

Strictly in terms of "normal" caliper rim brakes

Kontact
06-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Deleted because I got it wrong.

zzy
06-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Shimano's SLR-EV (all 11sp and 2ed gen 10sp) has both a different pull ratio and significantly more cable pull. It would be dangerous to use current Shimano brakes with any other system's levers. Otherwise Campy/SRAM are similar.

Kontact
06-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Shimano's SLR-EV (all 11sp and 2ed gen 10sp) has both a different pull ratio and significantly more cable pull. It would be dangerous to use current Shimano brakes with any other system's levers. Otherwise Campy/SRAM are similar.

My bad, you are correct. Shimano says it is acceptable to use the old brake with the new levers, but not the reverse:

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/catalog/description/shim/DA7900-interchangeability-1.jpg

bpm
06-02-2018, 08:14 PM

I use Dura Ace brakes (9000 series) with eTap levers and the braking is just fine. I honestly can't notice any difference from when I was using DA levers.