PDA

View Full Version : PSA - The best saddle you will ever use

KarlC
05-24-2018, 10:19 AM
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=219366

I got to say if you are even in the least bit considering a new saddle you have to try a Berk .....

- They are by far the most comfortable saddles you will ever use, due to the great designs and built in flex.

- The light weight and great looks is an added plus !

- Velo Solutions customer service is outstanding !!!

I got my Berk before Velo Solutions was the distributor in the U.S, but I reached out to them when I had a small issue with my Berk. Issues dont really bother me as all companies have them, its how they handle the issues that makes the real difference.

Eric at Elite Velo Solutions sent me a replacement saddle right away, his customer service has been outstanding, Berk made an excellent choice by having Velo Solutions represent them here in the U.S.

This just goes to show how high Berk and Velo Solutions standards are on their products and service. A truly rare combination these days !

fiamme red
05-24-2018, 10:20 AM
Did you mean to post this in General Discussion?

William
05-24-2018, 10:40 AM
I'm going to go ahead and move this to the GD area since it isn't technically a classified ad...you didn't list a price!;)

I will add that Elite Velo Solutions is awesome to work with!

William

Mzilliox
05-24-2018, 10:49 AM
I agree with and endorse this post.

these saddles are legit, really light and comfy:banana:

p nut
05-24-2018, 10:53 AM
Never heard of them until now. Anyone know if they have a demo program?

bfd
05-24-2018, 12:10 PM

I got to say if you are even in the least bit considering a new saddle you have to try a Berk .....

- They are by far the most comfortable saddles you will ever use, due to the great designs and built in flex.

- The light weight and great looks is an added plus !

- Velo Solutions customer service is outstanding !!!

I got my Berk before Velo Solutions was the distributor in the U.S, but I reached out to them when I had a small issue with my Berk. Issues dont really bother me as all companies have them, its how they handle the issues that makes the real difference.

Eric at Elite Velo Solutions sent me a replacement saddle right away, his customer service has been outstanding, Berk made an excellent choice by having Velo Solutions represent them here in the U.S.

This just goes to show how high Berk and Velo Solutions standards are on their products and service. A truly rare combination these days !

How wide are their saddles? For those of us who like wider saddles (OK, fat butts), or women who have wider hips, does this company offer anything in the 162-170+mm width range?

One reason why Avocet O2 saddles still have a large following is because they offer wider saddles that are extremely comfortable and if you get the ti rails, not too heavy at about 220-240g.

Good Luck!

jinbok
05-24-2018, 12:37 PM
Do these have weight limit?

KarlC
05-24-2018, 01:28 PM
How wide are their saddles? For those of us who like wider saddles (OK, fat butts), or women who have wider hips, does this company offer anything in the 162-170+mm width range?

One reason why Avocet O2 saddles still have a large following is because they offer wider saddles that are extremely comfortable and if you get the ti rails, not too heavy at about 220-240g.

Good Luck!

They have sizes of 132, 150 and 160 all around 100 grams + or - a bit

Do these have weight limit?

7mm round rails accommodate max rider weight of 187lbs.
7x9 oval rails accommodate a max rider weight of 220lbs.

All of this info and lots more is in the thread I linked above

Mzilliox
05-24-2018, 03:18 PM
so are you guys even reading or just clicking on pictures? haha. :bike:
Berk makes a few different saddles, wide, short, padded, unpadded, nd they are really good, and stupid light. and all of the info is on the internets and the paceline

bfd
05-24-2018, 03:44 PM
so are you guys even reading or just clicking on pictures? haha. :bike:
Berk makes a few different saddles, wide, short, padded, unpadded, nd they are really good, and stupid light. and all of the info is on the internets and the paceline

Thanks. The problem is "stupid light" is no good if the saddle isn't comfortable. If you look at my question, it is for sizes they don't address -162 to 170mm wide. If these saddles are designed for light, skinny guys, then that's their market.

But there are many of us with ahem, wider backsides, or women, who have wider hips, who would love something that is more supportive and comfortable. Unfortunately, it appears these saddles won't work.

Good Luck!

allezdude
05-25-2018, 05:56 AM
seems like advertising- not a PSA

the bottle ride
05-25-2018, 06:17 AM
seems like advertising- not a PSA
Dude- ease up.
he is not advertising anything for sale- he is just offering an opinion

William
05-25-2018, 06:52 AM
Dude- ease up.
he is not advertising anything for sale- he is just offering an opinion

Agreed. And even so he's talking about one of our sponsors so even if it was "advertising" it gets a pass.

William

mdeth1313
05-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Have to agree. I own two of them. They work so well for me I put one on my winter bike. After riding ax-lightness saddles for 6 years, I found going to 150 mm width made a huge difference in comfort for me - and the berk saddles have a lot more flex.

KarlC
05-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Have to agree. I own two of them. They work so well for me I put one on my winter bike. After riding ax-lightness saddles for 6 years, I found going to 150 mm width made a huge difference in comfort for me - and the berk saddles have a lot more flex.

Yes Berk saddles flexy shell is the key, when you talk about comfort the amount of flex they have make all the difference.

Check this out from Ryan a fellow PLer ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Zsa2zitOI

edukaycheon
05-26-2018, 10:36 PM
How's the padding? Doesn't look as sturdy as I'd like in the photo

owly
05-27-2018, 05:35 AM
@KarlC,

thanks for the flex vid. I've been wondering about that for sometime.

Note they also do the Hlod at 136mm wide.

Flex does look good. Will probably get a Hlod once the Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow is on its last legs.

Pastashop
05-27-2018, 10:22 AM
Ok, since we are on the subject of Berk, what do people think of Berk (List / Hlod / Lupina) vs. Romin vs. SLR vs. Aspide vs. Arione?

KarlC
05-27-2018, 10:55 AM
How's the padding? Doesn't look as sturdy as I'd like in the photo

My padding and cover have both held up REALLY well.

EliteVelo
05-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Never heard of them until now. Anyone know if they have a demo program?

Thank you for asking. There is no demo program as of yet, but it is under consideration as to the best way to accommodate. Discussions to be continued....

54ny77
05-27-2018, 10:59 AM
buddy of mine has the all-carbon ax lightness saddle and he puts in serious annual mileage. he prefers it over anything padded.

horses for courses and all that. :cool:

for anyone wondering about berk, that guy's been around for quite awhile. lot of his history is found over on the weight weenies website. years ago he was student at university making things for himself. little odds & ends at first, and posting pics of process and product. and then it grew from there. serious skills.

jlwdm
05-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Glad you like the saddle but different saddles for different riders. There is no such thing as a saddle that is the most comfortable saddle you will ever use for everyone.

Jeff

MikeD
05-27-2018, 12:22 PM
Meh, saddle doesn't have ED cutouts or a groove. Yeah, PSA, as in probably will raise yours.

OtayBW
05-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Glad you like the saddle but different saddles for different riders. There is no such thing as a saddle that is the most comfortable saddle you will ever use for everyone.

Jeff
Yep. ;)

oldturd
05-27-2018, 02:14 PM
I have an unpadded Lupina and I don't miss paddindg at all.. It really is one of the most comfortable saddles on the market for my behind. Prior saddle was Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow.:banana::banana:

CSTRider
05-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Interested, but haven't been able to find US pricing - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

EliteVelo
05-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Interested, but haven't been able to find US pricing - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your interest. I neglected to put any pricing on the site since the euro fluctuates, and I don't have an on-line store-mostly due to the fact that there are several email exchanges before a purchase.

Please feel free to email info@elitevelosolutions.com for specific model pricing. All Paceline members get an additional discount and free shipping.

Tony
05-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Thank you for your interest. I neglected to put any pricing on the site since the euro fluctuates, and I don't have an on-line store-mostly due to the fact that there are several email exchanges before a purchase.

Please feel free to email info@elitevelosolutions.com for specific model pricing. All Paceline members get an additional discount and free shipping.

Also interested, however that link is not working for me?

spinarelli
05-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Did anyone here switch to Berk after riding SMP saddles. I’m currently riding a stratos and am curious about trying this flex saddle.

mcteague
05-28-2018, 07:04 AM
Did anyone here switch to Berk after riding SMP saddles. I’m currently riding a stratos and am curious about trying this flex saddle.

And, from what I have read about SMP, they tout their one piece rear rail as a benefit to stop unwanted flex due to the large cutout. So, some flex good and some bad I guess depending on your marketing.

Tim

William
05-28-2018, 12:58 PM
And, from what I have read about SMP, they tout their one piece rear rail as a benefit to stop unwanted flex due to the large cutout. So, some flex good and some bad I guess depending on your marketing.

Tim

...Or your individual backside.

William

KarlC
05-28-2018, 01:19 PM
buddy of mine has the all-carbon ax lightness saddle and he puts in serious annual mileage. he prefers it over anything padded.

horses for courses and all that. :cool:

for anyone wondering about berk, that guy's been around for quite awhile. lot of his history is found over on the weight weenies website. years ago he was student at university making things for himself. little odds & ends at first, and posting pics of process and product. and then it grew from there. serious skills.

Yes Berk and his team make all top quality stuff, they even makes custom items for the Pros.

KarlC
05-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Meh, saddle doesn't have ED cutouts or a groove. Yeah, PSA, as in probably will raise yours.

Im not sure what you are saying as some Berk saddles do have cutouts.

See here from the PL vendor .......

KarlC
05-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Jeff

Yes that is true, but as with most brands Berk has several models that may work. For me the built in flex was what took it to the next level of comfort.

I think the built in saddle flex acts the same as using wider tires to get added comfort.

JACKS
05-29-2018, 08:34 AM
any idea if the Berk have a similar shape to the Fabric Scoop flat? i am very interested in trying a Berk if they make one in similar shape.

Mzilliox
05-29-2018, 09:05 AM
any idea if the Berk have a similar shape to the Fabric Scoop flat? i am very interested in trying a Berk if they make one in similar shape.

i use fabric scoop shallow. I really like the Berk shape, maybe even better than the fabrics.