PDA

View Full Version : Etap help

Dan Le foot
05-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Hi Gang.
When I free wheel the RD cage moves forward loosening the chain. (Shifting up the cassette?) When I start to pedal it goes back to the normal position. RD battery is charged. Cleaned and lubed chain and rollers. Even changed wheels to make sure it wasn’t a free hub problem.
Any ideas on what’s going on?
Dan

Joxster
05-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Have you checked the gear hanger?

peanutgallery
05-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Be tension screw. Those things are sensitive.

Make sure the pulleys are not gakked up

batman1425
05-19-2018, 04:51 PM
I second the der hanger. Make sure it's fully threaded in, both the hanger, and the mech and the B tension bolt and clip/spring are in the right position.

oldpotatoe
05-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Hi Gang.
When I free wheel the RD cage moves forward loosening the chain. (Shifting up the cassette?) When I start to pedal it goes back to the normal position. RD battery is charged. Cleaned and lubed chain and rollers. Even changed wheels to make sure it wasn’t a free hub problem.
Any ideas on what’s going on?
Dan

Draggy freehub body. If you pedal with bike in stand and let go, does rear wheel drive crankset?

Dan Le foot
05-23-2018, 08:42 AM
Draggy freehub body. If you pedal with bike in stand and let go, does rear wheel drive crankset?

Yes!

That’s what it was, OP. I thought that may be the case so I put on a different wheel and got a similiar issue. I figured I couldn’t have a freehub problem on both wheels so I took it to the LBS. They serviced The Hed wheel. I serviced the Swiss DT 240. All is well now.
Thanks.

oldpotatoe
05-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Yes!

That’s what it was, OP. I thought that may be the case so I put on a different wheel and got a similiar issue. I figured I couldn’t have a freehub problem on both wheels so I took it to the LBS. They serviced The Hed wheel. I serviced the Swiss DT 240. All is well now.
Thanks.

Prego, seen this a ba-zillion times withMavic ‘kry-for-me’ sirriums.