PDA

View Full Version : early 2000s pinarello alu cx

bthornt
05-18-2018, 11:15 AM
I bought one of these (mostly equipped with 6500 ultegra) in the early 2000's, but I know very little about it. I believe my LBS got it through Gitabike, but I'm not really sure. The tubing is 7005 T6 aluminum, and it has a steel fork with a flat fork crown.

Since I bought a Diverge a few years ago, I find I rarely ride the Pinarello, and I'm trying to reduce my bicycle inventory, so I figure I should try to find out about it if I decide to move it along to someone else.

Interested in geometry and anything else. I was able to find a geometry chart for 2006, but it's not the same (for example, the 2006 bike came with a carbon fork). According to that chart, the largest size is a 56, which had a 57 cm top tube, which conforms to my quick measurement.

Anyhow, any information is appreciated.

bthornt
05-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Added a photo.

mcallen
05-18-2018, 04:19 PM
I can't help with geometry, but I would suggest that you figure out tire clearance (and potential to run fenders). Some of these older Italian frames seemed to run really tight in the stays.

That's my 2 cents as a potential buyer. (I'm always on the lookout for old CX frames--let me know if you decide to sell.)