PDA

View Full Version : salve???

shinomaster
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
My racing buddy said I need to rub this junk on my legs before I race cross on a cold, wet morning. I borrowed some of his before a race last week. It was like a stick of X rated Old Spice. It made my legs tingle, and feel cold and funny. I don't remember feeling anything different during my race though.
Today I bought and tried a different kind. I smeared the orange stuff on my legs and it quickly made me feel like I had razor burn. Luckily I didn't touch my junk to it. During my ride it seemed useless. After my ride I tried washing the schmutz off of my legs with soap, which was difficult. The next thing I know my legs are on fire, and it lasted an hour after I got out and dried off..??? What am I doing wrong? It worked better after my ride, and shower.
My brother a former marathon runner and cycling enthisiast, and his friend D' Donald a once and future Cat 1, say its all a bunch of crap, and I might as well rub some menthol laced KY on my legs. It just irritates the skin and does nothing to warm the muscles..
What do you guys think?

oracle
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
try injecting it......

SPOKE
10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Cramergisic (sp) Atomic Balm. try to wash it off and it just burns even more. it was a great prank if you smeared some in a teammates jock strap before football practice :no: :no:

shinomaster
10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
try injecting it......

ok...where?