PDA

View Full Version : Any Jonny Cycles owners?

rsl
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Does anyone happen to own a Jonny Cycle? I've been checking out his website lately and he's turning out some beautiful looking stuff. I'm quite taken with the seatpost binder-bolt work pictured here!

Not that I'm in the market for another bike for quite some time - my beautiful zanconato is just 4 months old and I'm quite smitten with it. I thought some others might appreciate taking a look at some of Jon's work though.

Marburg
10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I've got a Jonny road (it's in the road gallery, I think, brown with blue panels, brooks, etc). I've known Jon for a while from living in Madison and thought he made good stuff. He's a craftsman and I consider his attention to detail and willingness to put obssessive amounts of time into frames to be right up there with that White guy. Not to mention being a super nice guy.

I'd post pics but I'm out of the house on bidness right now. I'll post 'em when I can.

Any specific questions?

edit:

Ah, the top bike here:

http://jonnycycles.com/roadpix.html

Ginger
10-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Interesting...Veeeeerry interesting.

http://jonnycycles.com/images/0041%20048.jpg

Brian Smith
10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Props to J.K.
I've bought some nice small parts and a hat from him, to good effect.
I don't know anyone else doing old school track like he is.
Does anyone else fillet braze quill stems and get them plated anymore?
Of course they do, but he's the guy I'd send people to next week for those.

Rapid Tourist
10-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I almost went with Jonny Cycles but in the end decided to get a Kirk for my new fixed gear. I think Jon's work is very beautiful and striking.

55/Rad
10-18-2006, 11:45 PM
I recently exchanged emails with Jon about doing a frame. I love what I've seen so far in his work.

His stated turnaround (as of last week) is now 15 months.

55/Rad

Marburg
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Interesting...Veeeeerry interesting.

Yeah, that little trick drew quite a bit of interest at NAHBS. He built that bike for his painter...