PDA

View Full Version : This Joker is Back...

MrCannonCam
05-13-2018, 12:20 PM
He's back! Saw a thread on here probably last year at this point from when this guy had this bike on craigslist. Contacted him with recently sold ebay ads to show him what it's 'actually' worth, in a nice manor. Just got a nasty response and those numbers have no meaning etc...what a joker. Judging from the description others have obviously pointed out he's on crack to think he's going to actually sell it anywhere near his asking price...

https://i.imgur.com/FO4VvJXl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U5xVoXtl.jpg

559Rando
05-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Woah! He's practically giving it away!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Peter P.
05-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Why even bother to try and correct someone on their pricing? I don't mean to sound rude but, are you their mother, or the internet police? I see a lot of people correcting other peoples' craigslist ads, forum ads, etc. . Sellers are free to dictate the price and condition of their sale. If it doesn't sell well then, it's their problem.

Reading the ad you posted, it's clear to me the seller is not someone you or anyone would or should want to deal with if they want a pleasant experience.

Keep waiting and a more rational seller will come your way. Until then, just view ads such as the one you posted, as entertainment.

MrCannonCam
05-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Why even bother to try and correct someone on their pricing? I don't mean to sound rude but, are you their mother, or the internet police? I see a lot of people correcting other peoples' craigslist ads, forum ads, etc. . Sellers are free to dictate the price and condition of their sale. If it doesn't sell well then, it's their problem.

Reading the ad you posted, it's clear to me the seller is not someone you or anyone would or should want to deal with if they want a pleasant experience.

Keep waiting and a more rational seller will come your way. Until then, just view ads such as the one you posted, as entertainment.

It was most definitely all for entertainment...

mhespenheide
05-13-2018, 02:04 PM
The ones that crack me up are the 5800 groups on the Facebook sale groups that are listed as "New Take-off", selling for more than actual new groups.

MrCannonCam
05-13-2018, 02:31 PM
The ones that crack me up are the 5800 groups on the Facebook sale groups that are listed as "New Take-off", selling for more than actual new groups.

I get some people don't know sometimes but there's just a whole lot out there it seems that's head scratching, gets a good chuckle out of me to be honest.

93KgBike
05-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Trolling this guy in a thread here is weak.

joosttx
05-13-2018, 04:09 PM

<like>

gemship
05-13-2018, 06:07 PM
I wonder what the true value of this bike is?...doesn't matter much but I can say from a perspective of paying full retail and then reselling, I wish bikes didn't depreciate so fast. It seems a shame to buy something new at a premium and use it so little and take a big hit a year or two later trying to resell it. In that sense if you believe the seller more power to them to get what they want. If we all demanded a premium for our used bikes for sale maybe they would better hold their value?

duff_duffy
05-13-2018, 08:34 PM
I actually like when other sellers list crazy high prices. Makes my prices look better on the stuff I’m selling!

ultraman6970
05-13-2018, 08:40 PM
If the joker paid 4000 bucks for it well... dont blame him :) Here happens the samething...amazingly enough the carrera nobody wanted here came for sale like a week ago, the listing disapeared, wonder if the dude sold it.

Super nice bike, bad havent been able to find one smaller size, i liked it a lot.

MrCannonCam
05-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Stroll through the classifieds there's plenty of trolling on a weekly basis there