PDA

View Full Version : Assos bib shorts- school me and where to buy

tbike4
05-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Is there any online store that actually has a selection besides XS? Not sure which ones to buy but it seems medium is out of stock, everywhere. Or if there is another awesome brand that is good too.

I did a search. Some of the links are old and dead. I know it's been covered before so TIA.

BdaGhisallo
05-12-2018, 05:18 AM
Try Excel Sports. They have all the models. If you like a racy fit, go with the Equipe bibs. They are the in the sweet spot of the price:performance trade off.

daker13
05-12-2018, 07:13 AM
The UK stores often have good deals on Assos, I bought a couple pairs from one of them (Wiggle? Chain Reaction? Ribble?). My go-tos now are Rapha classics, though.

dsimon
05-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Pish posh.https://www.swissiconic.com/ and if you dont like em you didnt pay too much

fignon's barber
05-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Pish posh.https://www.swissiconic.com/ and if you dont like em you didnt pay too much

This. The Equipe S7 is their best performance/value model. For $138 you can't go wrong.

tbike4
05-12-2018, 08:10 AM
This. The Equipe S7 is there best performance/value model. For $138 you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the responses. This is the info I needed and the price is right. I am 6' and skinny so I guess a large is the way to go by looking at their sizing chart.

fignon's barber
05-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the responses. This is the info I needed and the price is right. I am 6' and skinny so I guess a large is the way to go by looking at their sizing chart.

yes, go large. The Equipe is a pretty snug fit.

parallelfish
05-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Beware that the XL is extra long, not extra large. 6’2” and thin here. I wear the XL S7 equipe.

oldpotatoe
05-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Beware that the XL is extra long, not extra large. 6’2” and thin here. I wear the XL S7 equipe.

The XL is Extra Large, the XLG is Extra Long..ask me how I found out..:eek:

parallelfish
05-13-2018, 05:18 PM
The XL is Extra Large, the XLG is Extra Long..ask me how I found out..:eek:

Before I purchased mine I came across a sizing chart that listed XL as extra long, and XLG as extra large. Struck me as counterintuitive at the time. At any rate XLG is larger than XL, as the sizes progress XS, S, M, L, XL, XLG, TIR.