PDA

View Full Version : FS: Parlee Z2 56 square (reluctantly)

exapkib
05-10-2018, 10:22 PM
For Sale:

2004/2005 Parlee Z2 Frameset
Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork
Chris King headset

SOLD

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/869/27948321658_a2832f9023_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JzGsjN)

I have owned this bike for almost 10 months now. It is a wonderful bike. I had been thinking to myself, "I think this bike is just a little too big for me" when another lugged carbon frame popped up here on the classifieds that is just a little smaller.

If I can pass this along for the right price, I will move over to the smaller frame.

I'm not entirely convinced this is the right move--I have loved spending time on this frame. Everything wonderful about the steel frames I'm used to riding, but so much lighter. So much lighter.

The nitty-gritty:

Geometry:

Seat Tube (c-c): 56
Seat Tube (c-t): 59.5
Top Tube (actual, level top tube):56
Head Angle: 73.5 (from Parlee chart)
Seat Tube Angle: 73
Chainstay Length: 41
Bottom Bracket Drop: 7
Fork Rake: 4.3
Head Tube Length: 14.5
Front Center: 58.3 Takes a 27.2 post, English bottom bracket.

The frame is in great shape, but there are several nicks in the clear coat. I will take some better photos soon and update this posting. They are, for the most part, clearly pictured in the original ad linked below.

The clearance is like you've heard--I easily ran Vittoria 25s on SL23 rims, but couldn't quite run the same time in a 28.

I don't have a weight for the frame, but if somebody gets serious about the frame and that's a key piece of information, I'll strip the frame and weigh it.

You can see closeup photos of the bare frame in the original listing from across the hall (https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f3/carbon-seatposts-47826.html#post859559).

(As is common with so many overly-emotional postings here in the classifieds, I promise to upload more detailed photos tomorrow.)

pdmtong
05-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Z2/3 frames of that era typically 1100-1200grams.

If F/F sale buyer should receive the fork brake nut since that is proprietary to the Reynolds.

exapkib
05-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Z2/3 frames of that era typically 1100-1200grams.

If F/F sale buyer should receive the fork brake nut since that is proprietary to the Reynolds.

Thanks for the extra info. I can attest to the truthfulness of the second sentence, as I had to chase down the nut in question. Needless to say, it will be included.

pdmtong
05-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the extra info. I can attest to the truthfulness of the second sentence, as I had to chase down the nut in question. Needless to say, it will be included.

also, the construction is NOT lugged. these are USA made MQC (mclean quality composite) tubes hat are mitered and then wrapped so zero voids. buyer could have it stop at Parlee on the way to have fresh decal/cxlearcaot and downtube barrel adjusters added.

MQC people founded Edge which then became Enve.

slowgoing
05-11-2018, 11:05 AM
My Z2 is still my holy grail bike. Nothing not to like.

exapkib
05-11-2018, 05:47 PM
also, the construction is NOT lugged. these are USA made MQC (mclean quality composite) tubes hat are mitered and then wrapped so zero voids. buyer could have it stop at Parlee on the way to have fresh decal/cxlearcaot and downtube barrel adjusters added.

MQC people founded Edge which then became Enve.

Should have call it a 'lugged' look. Whatever you call it, watching footage of the Parlee construction process is inspiring--these really are carbon bikes done right.

My Z2 is still my holy grail bike. Nothing not to like.

Amen. That's one reason I'm so torn about shipping this one out--the only part of the fit that is off for me is the drop--I can't quite get as much as I would like.

In any case, small bump.