PDA

View Full Version : Shoes with large(r) toe box than Sidi's

gone
10-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I've recently begun using Alines in my Sidi Ergo1's and there just ain't enough room in the toe box for them and me. The rest of the shoe is fine and I don't need/want a wider shoe, just one that's a little roomier up front. Any suggestions on a good shoe with a stiff carbon sole (stiffer than the Sidi's would be a plus) that has a roomier toe box? I'd especially like to hear from those who've used Ergo1's in the past and have a direct comparison.

gone
10-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I've recently begun using Alines in my Sidi Ergo1's and there just ain't enough room in the toe box for them and me. The rest of the shoe is fine and I don't need/want a wider shoe, just one that's a little roomier up front. Any suggestions on a good shoe with a stiff carbon sole (stiffer than the Sidi's would be a plus) that has a roomier toe box? I'd especially like to hear from those who've used Ergo1's in the past and have a direct comparison.

Sorry, did some research and saw this had recently been discussed here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=3247)

swoop
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
specialized are just like sidis but with a wider toe box.

luck.

keno
10-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Shimano SH 215 E

trophyoftexas
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
The newer models of these have a very nice toe box....this has always been a problem for me and this shoe has been a real relief for me, sort of like the extra heel support, too. Don't get the early editions of these, however, as those first ones were not much different than everyone else's.

ken
10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Try the Northwave Aireator 3. Very roomy. Looks yummy.

Ken

bostondrunk
10-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Shimano SH 215 E

+1. I'm using these now. They also have a newer version coming out that allows a more custom fit (the easy bake thing..)