PDA

View Full Version : Sense of relief when a replacement part is found.

tuxbailey
05-07-2018, 10:19 AM
I bought a Guru Praemio R from the classified and I have been quite happy with it, specially the deal was a good one.

One thing that kept me up at night (exaggerating) is that the bike came with a custom RD hanger and I was having trouble finding a replacement since they switched to simpler design in later models of the same bike (which is more common):

https://bikerumor-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20120620-112547.jpg

Guru is out of the business so there isn't any official channel to buy spare parts. The only time I have seen one close to it was from eBay and it was made in Singapore. It went away before I could buy it. Although it is unlikely that I will have a crash that will cause a bent RD (I don't race and I am not an aggressive rider,) it is nice to have have back up as well as adding to the resale value of the bike should I want to sell it later.

I did a search recently and found that one of the former Guru employee opened his own repair business and he also took over the rights for their parts design. As a result, he was able to manufacture the RD Hanger to spec and I have seen bought one as spare.

That was a good use the 15% off ebay coupon (he sells via eBay as well.)

fogrider
05-07-2018, 11:11 AM
Nicely done...you gotta love the times we live in!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
05-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Interesting design. I have a look and took me a while to find a couple of extra parts just to have them just in case one day something happens. A relief? hell yeah!