PDA

View Full Version : Which Look pedals? (Education needed)

echelon_john
05-07-2018, 09:36 AM
So I have had Shimano SPD-SL pedals on road bikes for a long time. Recently I've consolidated bikes, and also started using a set of Powertap pedals, which are Look-cleat compatible.

I would like to get a set of Look pedals for bike #2 so I can use the same shoes between my road bikes. Trouble is, I haven't ridden Looks since the white ones I bought in 1987. And I haven't found much online that really differentiates between the different models.

I'm a big guy, so I tend to like pedals with stronger springs/grip to avoid unwanted disengagement.

What models should I be looking at? And if you have a pair you're selling, let me know that, too?

Thanks, hivemind!
JC

fignon's barber
05-07-2018, 11:47 AM
I've used Looks since 1989. In a nutshell, Look Blade Carbons have the firmest "snap" to engage and disengage. The plain Keo pedals (Keo Max, 2Max, Carbon) are simplest design and are most durable.

jtbadge
05-07-2018, 11:56 AM
I started on Keo Classics which would spin uncontrollably every time I flipped them up to clip in. Tried Keo Max 2, much better. Solid engagement, less squeaking, easier to get in the right place to clip in.

That said, I have been thinking about swapping over to Shimano. Which model of SPD-SLs do you have?