PDA

View Full Version : Hit the store for some beer and..........

Cicli
05-06-2018, 06:20 PM
My favorite quick liquor store stocks pallets of cheep stuff for the masses and then has a gret selection of crafts they keep cold. This sign cought my eye. Seriously? I get a limit is needed but give me a break.

Cat3roadracer
05-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Are things that slow in Iowa? 40 12 packs? How many graduation parties are there?

Cicli
05-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Are things that slow in Iowa? 40 12 packs? How many graduation parties are there?

Its slow but Lite is a bit highbrow for most around these parts. This is Buschhhhhhhhhhh land. Yuk.

cadence90
05-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Dang, I thought this was going to be one of those "caption this" threads, as in:

"Hit the store for some beer and..........

..........saw Clean39T wrangling a deal on a sweet Colnago E-P with the clerk!"

:banana:

likebikes
05-06-2018, 06:48 PM
do they not sell 24 or 30 packs where you live?

zzy
05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Bars/clubs buy from the same stores as you and often stock up when they sell an especially good deal. Those limits are actually necessary.

thirdgenbird
05-06-2018, 07:14 PM

Its slow but Lite is a bit highbrow for most around these parts. This is Buschhhhhhhhhhh land. Yuk.

You beat me to it. As an Iowa resident, I was going to say that I surprised thry needed a note on anything but Busch Light.

peanutgallery
05-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Hold my beer:)

kppolich
05-06-2018, 07:56 PM
You beat me to it. As an Iowa resident, I was going to say that I surprised thry needed a note on anything but Busch Light.

As an ex-Iowa resident I love Busch light.

cadence90
05-06-2018, 08:05 PM
do they not sell 24 or 30 packs where you live?
So you're saying that you would buy 40 24- or 30-packs?

Wow.

:)

parris
05-06-2018, 08:19 PM
The sign reminded me of a court case from a number of years ago. We had several inmates in county court for various proceedings one morning. There was also a new grand jury that was in court awaiting their education, selection, and swearing in.

The last business we had was a frequent flyer there to take a plea deal. The judge would always give instructions to the person taking a plea, ask them several questions, and once satisfied inform the defendant that in order for a plea deal to be accepted he/she would have to give up their right to remain silent. Once the defendant did that the judge would ask the defendant to tell him what he/she did.

In this case this guy and a few others broke into one of the local beer distributors and filled up the defendants dad's pickup with 72! cases of beer. The guy had no shame due to how many times he'd been through the system. The story was funny as hell actually but the punch line was when the judge asked the defendant what he did with the 72 cases of beer he replied with a little pride "well we drank it"!

At that last statement over 100 people in the courtroom including me just lost it. The court clerk, court reporter, bailiffs, da, public defender's, other inmates, EVERYBODY! The judge had to bury his face in a file so the gallery didn't see him openly laugh.

FlashUNC
05-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Two questions:

1) How close is the nearest college or university?
2) How soon is Spring Commencement?

That's probably what's driving that note.

cachagua
05-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Love that story about the beer thief!

Bob Ross
05-07-2018, 05:24 AM
Reminds me of something I saw ~25 years ago at a craft brew pub outside of Boston:

Frat boys were actually buying (and drinking) yards (https://www.amazon.com/42122-Yard-of-Ale-Glass/dp/B00MHXDF6E?SubscriptionId=AKIAJJY2YKHHLJKYIBNA&tag=slk03b1-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00MHXDF6E) -- those enormous and unwieldy 64 ounce beer glasses

...of Miller Lite.

:eek:

fignon's barber
05-07-2018, 05:35 AM
Reminds me of something I saw ~25 years ago at a craft brew pub outside of Boston:

Frat boys were actually buying (and drinking) yards (https://www.amazon.com/42122-Yard-of-Ale-Glass/dp/B00MHXDF6E?SubscriptionId=AKIAJJY2YKHHLJKYIBNA&tag=slk03b1-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00MHXDF6E) -- those enormous and unwieldy 64 ounce beer glasses

...of Miller Lite.

:eek:

Very smart. If you're drinking a yard, you want it to be less filling. Must be from Harvard.

happycampyer
05-07-2018, 05:47 AM
Very smart. If you're drinking a yard, you want it to be less filling. Must be from Harvard.

Which would make them Harvard yards...

shoota
05-07-2018, 09:08 AM

HA! Busch Light reigns supreme.

B^2
05-07-2018, 02:08 PM
I wonder how many times people bought over that amount before they made the sign.

thirdgenbird
05-07-2018, 03:07 PM
To be fair, I have been a part of buying every bottle of water a store had in inventory. I know water isn’t beer, but I’m guessing the group would have consumed it all the same.

redir
05-08-2018, 01:51 PM
The sign reminded me of a court case from a number of years ago. We had several inmates in county court for various proceedings one morning. There was also a new grand jury that was in court awaiting their education, selection, and swearing in.

The last business we had was a frequent flyer there to take a plea deal. The judge would always give instructions to the person taking a plea, ask them several questions, and once satisfied inform the defendant that in order for a plea deal to be accepted he/she would have to give up their right to remain silent. Once the defendant did that the judge would ask the defendant to tell him what he/she did.

In this case this guy and a few others broke into one of the local beer distributors and filled up the defendants dad's pickup with 72! cases of beer. The guy had no shame due to how many times he'd been through the system. The story was funny as hell actually but the punch line was when the judge asked the defendant what he did with the 72 cases of beer he replied with a little pride "well we drank it"!

At that last statement over 100 people in the courtroom including me just lost it. The court clerk, court reporter, bailiffs, da, public defender's, other inmates, EVERYBODY! The judge had to bury his face in a file so the gallery didn't see him openly laugh.

That's funny as hell hahahhaha.

---

On another note, I would not drink Miller Lite beer if it were free. :help:

Joel
05-08-2018, 03:50 PM
I went to college in Grinnell.

I understand this totally!