PDA

View Full Version : Way OT From Face book today

cnighbor1
05-05-2018, 05:31 PM
These guys could have been any of us. We all love adventure and all that freedom that riding our bikes carrying our world on them give Us. I am sad and I am feeling absolutely powerless. I think no one deserves to die because you have a dream, the same dream that many of us have, to ride the world and feel the wind hitting on our face. According to the latest news Holger's body was also found nearby the place where krzysztof's body was. What are the odds of two experienced bike tourists falling down a cliff at the same place and probably at the same moment? Mexican authorities will deny any intervention of third parties on this "accident" but I personally doubt this respond to a fortuity. I am sad very sad and even though I never met Holger and krzysztof , a part of my dreams died with them. RIP Holger and krzysztof.馃槥
.......... Here part of the story told by a journalist who met the guys .................................................. ............................. On April 8, 2018, my friend Carlos " n " (whom we know as " the chicken " among local reporters) traveled to the bays of huatulco (Oaxaca, Mexico) along with other press colleagues to rest And have fun for that weekend. On these beaches he met polish cyclist krzysztof chmielewsk, who asked Carlos for a cigar. Talking, the European tourist told the chicken that he was planning to visit chiapas, which is why my colleague gave his phone number to the cyclist to contact him when he arrived in chiapas. A week later, on April 16, krzysztof chmielewsk arrived in the capital chiapas. He slept in the house of "the chicken" that night and the next day (17 April) the polish offered a press conference in Tuxtla Gutierrez in the morning; afterwards, he left for san crist贸bal de Las Casas. On April 19, Krzysztof posted on his facebook account several photographs taken in San Cristobal and some others that had been taken in Tuxtla Gutierrez two days ago. It is necessary to specify that the cell phone used by the polish cyclist did not have chip (SIM Card) and did not install the app called whats app, so he used only facebook to make known his journey and connected to the internet only in points where There were open wi fi networks.
After that date, krzysztof chmielewsk failed to communicate with "the chicken" or to post on his facebook account. Much later, on 29 April, the disappearance of the German cyclist holger franz hagenbusch was reported, who was also last seen in san crist贸bal de Las Casas. On the same day (29 April) it was made known in local news outlets that three days earlier (the night of 26 April) had been located on the san crist贸bal road to ocosingo the corpse of a cyclist. The news had little spread, but three key aspects were mentioned:
1.- the body casually did not carry any identification that would allow it to know its identity.
2.- the "Go Pro" camera that was carrying that bike to the front mysteriously disappeared so as not to leave evidence of the places where the cyclist went.
3.- the body was in a state of decay, which was very convenient to leave the doubt as to whether it was German or polish.
My colleague Carlos "n" was informed by telephone on several occasions of the state attorney-General's office to know whether it was his friend Krzysztof Chmielewsk, but replied that it was impossible to claim that due to the conditions of the finding. For this reason, he was asked to physically move to ocosingo, in order to identify the belongings of the polish. In my capacity as a lawyer, "the chicken" asked me to accompany him to that stage before the public prosecutor's office, which I willingly agreed to and without fees. We left Tuxtla Gutierrez at 10:30, transbordamos in san crist贸bal and there we learned that a few hours earlier had been kidnapped (on the road) the daughter of the municipal president of oxchuc, a town located on the camino de san crist贸bal a ocosingo . When we took a taxi over that stretch, there were several individuals with the covered face who visually inspected every vehicle that was passing in front of them. They watched us for a few seconds, and then they cleared the pass without asking us questions.
We arrived at 14:26 to the regional office of the jungle, in ocosingo. There we received the prosecutor Pablo Li茅vano, who at the entrance assured us that the death of the cyclist found in the ravine had been an accident and there was no way to check otherwise. Later, he asked "the chicken" about his relationship with krzysztof chmielewsk and the last time he had contact with him. Carlos told the way he met him and the time he interacted with him, after which he made a recount of the dates and hours when he exchanged messages with the polish.
With the information Carlos obtained earlier in san crist贸bal de Las Casas, we determined that polish krzysztof chmielewsk and German Holger Franz Hagenbusch met in that city at some point and decided to go together to palenque, as they were both cyclists, pedaling their respective Vehicles. We raised this conjecture to the prosecutor, who listened to her without dissent. He only insisted that the case of the body found was an accident and that the cyclist who found dead had probably slipped off the cliff after being hit by a trailer at the 158. Kilometre Curve.
The office staff asked us if we were experts on bicycles, to which we responded in a negative sense. So, they showed us approximately printed photographs where you could appreciate the location where the unknown body was located, as well as the details of the autopsy. By carefully observing these images, we appreciate the following details:
1.- the body found had no head, only some small pieces of bones belonging to the back of the neck could be appreciated. It says the authority that the skull was shattered during the fall, even though the rest of the body was without injury.
2.- the above-mentioned body was missing a foot, which seemed to have been severed. The D.A. says maybe some cougar ate it, with everything and bones.
3.- the skin of the back had traces of having been burned, possibly by the rays of the sun during the time that the body was out in the open. The prosecution says that it is completely normal in spite of the clothes and that intentional burns with fire or fire are discarded.
4.- since the body was wormed and the skin was already decomposed, no tattoos could be seen in the arms of the deceased, which was a distinctive characteristic of holger franz hagenbusch. For his part, Krzysztof Chmielewsk had no tattoo on his upper extremities. The authority says that this is a conclusive proof that the body found is not German
5.- Although the ravine (located in the area called "the window", where the body was allegedly located) has a depth of fifty meters, the body did not present any fracture of the neck down. No broken bones were appreciated, even though the most logical thing in a fall of that height is to break one or more limbs. It says the authority that I am very intrigoso, that I like to arouse unnecessary suspicion.
6.- Although the body (according to the prosecution's version) fell freely into that ravine, it had no. His internal organs were in perfect condition. It says the authority that happens when it happens, for the Lord's designs are mysterious and inexplicable.
7.- even though the prosecutor claims that it was some scavenging animal that ate the missing foot of the body, that animal refused to eat the deceased's intestines and liver. The prosecution says that predators are very selective with their food: if they prefer to eat a bony foot instead of chewing easily organs, I have no right to question their gastronomic choices, however absurd.
8.- in a strange and incomprehensible way, the deceased's personal documents did not find his passport or visa, or any credentials to identify him, much less his wallet or a trace of money. The D.A. says they weren't there.
9.- the bicycle found next to the body that appears to be by krzysztof chmielewsk does not belong to the polish, but to holger franz hagenbusch. It says the authority that may have exchanged bicycles on the path of st. Christopher to ocosingo.
10.- the boots of the polish were never found. The prosecution says that maybe he gave them to st. Christopher, even though they were almost new.
11.- the "Side-car" or trailer used by the polish in huatulco and in tuxtla was close to the body found in the ravine, even though the bicycle found at the scene was not the one Send it to that accessory. The prosecutor says that the travelers probably adapted the addition of one bicycle to the other.
Based on the eleven points above, we launched a barrage of questions to Pablo Li茅vano, who did not know what to answer. He only told us that the brother of the missing German was already flying in those moments from Germany to Mexico city and would come on MONDAY MAY 7th to the same office; for that reason, it was not necessary for us to continue asking for data from The research to Rainer. Similarly, he stated that the family of polish krzysztof chmielewsk is of scarce resources and cannot travel to our country; accordingly, the prosecution would be limited to giving the report to the polish embassy in Mexico. Then, he ordered his employee Daniel Z煤帽iga to take us to the warehouse where they protect the objects that form part of the investigations. We were driven in the company of three other people to the roof, where they have the things that were collected at the discovery scene. I proceeded to ask Carlos "n" about the artifacts we had in sight:
- Mr. Carlos, do you identify this flag of Poland?
- yes, was carrying her when she left tuxtla. And he also had another, from Mexico, along with a cane that had his name engraved.
At that time, the forensic expert who participated in the uprising on the night of April 26 lifted the flag of Mexico and the baton mentioned by Carlos " n ". " the chicken " nodded and kept asking:
- all right. Do you identify this pile of car plates?
- of course, they're the ones I mentioned down there. Krzysztof collected them, carried one for every country he visited.
Everything fit, it was obvious that we were in the face of chmielewsk. These belongings coincided with the "chicken" had seen at his house in tuxtla, when he provided accommodation to the polish. There was no need for more evidence, but I decided to ask a third question to finish:
- all right, chicken. So, you also identify that gray shoe that's lying there, next to the other things?
I'm sorry. That Shoe's not his, because krzysztof wore high boots. It's probably from another investigation, I don't think they found it at the place where the body was.
The Forensic Expert looked at us surprised, opened his eyes and his mouth stunned, lifted that sporting shoe off the floor and approached him. Without hesitation, he said yes: indeed, that shoe was found alongside the alleged body of polish krzysztof chmielewsk. Carlos pulled out his cell phone, sought the post on Facebook where the disappearance of holger franz hagenbusch was reported and opened the image of German. By observing his feet, we were petrified: the grey shoe we had in our hands was the same as holger franz hagenbusch in that photograph, on the right foot. I ran down to where Paul Li茅vano was and I communicated to him our discovery, so he rose from his seat as driven by a spring and addressed the expert, who came after me with "the chicken". the prosecutor asked Your Junior:
- is that the German shoe?
- yeah, boss.
- and have we kept it from April 26th?
- Affirmative.
- and didn't you see that holger has it in the photo that his brother sent last week?
I'm sorry.
- why didn't you show it to me before?
- well, in the pictures of the uprising, it looks like he's lying there, but no one's taken care of him. We also mentioned it in the inventory of protected objects.
Pablo Li茅vano smiled, told us that the body of the German was probably in the same ravine, below, and that he would request the support of a team specializing in rappel. These climbers, he claimed, could find the body of the German and the polish bicycle. He then indicated to us that he would go to mile 158 of the road, with the aim of observing new account the ravine where they found to be krzysztof chmielewsk. He ordered a subordinate to take his ministerial statement to Carlos and go up to the office for that purpose. After almost two hours, we completed procedural diligence and went out to the hall to wait for the prosecutor's return. There we talked to a number of people who came to file a complaint for domestic violence, which we were thinking about the case of the two European cyclists.
- what do you think about the missing cyclists case?
- it's very rare, it's not uncommon for accidents there. Everyone's moving slowly, by the curves. And more, when they go up.
- do you think anyone could intentionally use it?
- I doubt it. For What? They had no enemies. They were passing by, and they didn't know the people here.
- so, you think they were accidentally hit by a trailer, turning over the curve?
- no, it's very difficult. In addition, there are almost no heavy vehicles on the road. They know that it is a very narrow road. The trailer would be more likely to go to the ravine...
After that, I was working with an employee of the prosecution and explained my theory about the case: both tourists were assaulted to take away their money, the valuables they could carry (such as the cameras they were carrying) and bicycles, We'll get each one in over two hundred thousand pesos.
- this was a homicide, licensed. They killed them to steal them and then threw them out, I have no doubt about it.
- and you don't have proof of it either.
- the photographs in the research folder correspond to the hypothesis that I am proposing, it is clear that the body is without and with the digestive organs in good condition.
- but you won't have copies of the file because you're not familiar with the deceased. Furthermore, if you start to say that these cyclists were killed by the Indians to steal from them and then prove that it was, you are going to cause tourism to stay away from chiapas. What would you do with that? You know very well that a lot of people live from tourists who come to our state.
I stayed quiet and came back with Carlos "n". along with another reporter, we decided to take the road back to Tuxtla Gutierrez, making a short scale in st. Christopher for dinner.
On the way, we came by whats app the video release sent by Pablo Li茅vano, where the discovery of the grey shoe of holger franz hagenbusch and his bicycle in the same place where's body was found. In addition, he insisted on his version of the road accident. We only laughed at that information, which many journalists took as a "Dogma of faith" and propagated without questioning the veracity of what the prosecutor said. That is very common in chiapas, almost no one does investigative journalism and very few dare to question the lies of the authorities.
When we arrived at san crist贸bal de Las Casas, we parked in front of a hot-dog stall and a taxi driver asked us if we were going to ocosingo. I said no, we were here because we were investigating the case of the two missing foreign cyclists. Unexpectedly, the driver told us that he had seen them on the road. While "the chicken" was having dinner and the other reporter was watching us, I questioned the taxi driver:
- do you think those cyclists were accidentally hit when they were on their way to ocosingo?
- no, I don't think so. People would have noticed the moment and would have found them that same day. They found them a week, I don't think a car pushed them into the ravine. But they only found one, the other is still missing. Or not?
- you're right, comrade. So, do you think they could have fallen by themselves, for lack of caution while riding in the dark of the night?
- ha ha ha ha ha! What night? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! It was like nine o'clock in the morning when they were overrun by the road... ha ha ha ha!
- how? Did you see them? By day?
- yeah, I've had them early. There was enough sun, couldn't pass that thing you say about the darkness, it was day when they got their way.
- I can't believe it. That's what the prosecutor's explanation is, so you saw them, you can tell us if they were too close to fall into the ravine together. I guess maybe they were about feet away from each other... can you confirm this?
- what? Twenty meters? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! No, ha ha ha. I don't know who the polish was and who was the German, but it's beyond one and the other I found it until after, like, four or five miles ahead.
- Oh, really? Four miles apart between the two? So, it's not credible that the same vehicle has knocked the two of them down by turning around the 158 mile curve?
- why not... mile 158? Did they get there? When I saw them, they were more here, and they hadn't gone through oxchuc.
We say goodbye to the taxi driver and continue the journey to the capital of the state. Both "the chicken" and the author of these lines arrived early in the morning to our respective houses, with a great difference of attitude: while Carlos does not want to face the state attorney general's office and intends to keep what he knows about this likely double homicide, I just put in letters everything I saw and what I lived in the prosecution's office. Fall who falls...
Epilogue: at 18:12 hours on Friday, 04 may 2018, regional prosecutor pablo li茅vano released another statement, revealing the finding of a second corpse, 18:12 metres below where the first was found. Very curious... why didn't they search there since they found the first body? The prosecutor says that the skeleton found today is probably from Holger Franz Hagenbusch, although it is very possible that he belongs to any other person and just want to pretend that they found the Teutonic missing to give him "closure" to the matter in order to avoid further pressure by Part of the German Embassy. By the way, another proof that prosecutor pablo li茅vano took over our investigation to make it happen as his is that he refers to the German cyclist as " Holger Franz " because Carlos " n " told him (wrongly) that " Franz " was the last name From the wandering German traveler. They both do not know that "Franz" is his middle name and that the last name is hagenbusch...

Blown Reek
05-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Got a TL;DR?

smontanaro
05-07-2018, 11:47 AM
My TL;DR guess would be,

It's beyond believable that these two experienced cycle tourists both went down a cliff and that their identification and GoPro cameras magically vanished.

Sad, indeed.

colker
05-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Severed heads and body dessacration are signs of drug cartel killings.
Although last i heard Chiappas is not dominated by any cartel..

staggerwing
05-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Severed heads and body dessacration are signs of drug cartel killings.
Although last i heard Chiappas is not dominated by any cartel..

Was thinking the same. Chiapas was/is the center of the Zapatista (EZLN) movement, but their beef is with the Mexican leadership, and not visiting foreigners.

In 2009, at the wish of my wife, looking for something a little more adventuresome, took a 6 day, guided "eco" tour with our kids (then 14, 10 and 10), starting from San Crisobal de Las Casas, and working our counterclockwise, to end at Palenque. Spectacular. Saw more Mayan sites than you can imagine, including some not on any western maps, visited a pair of native villages, kayaked down a undeveloped jungle river, stayed for two days with the indigenous Lacanja tribe, whitewater rafting in their river, and ended up at Palenque. Everyone we met, was open and friendly, noting that most tourists were from Europe and not the US.

Sad to think of what befell these two cyclo-tourists. It is one of the places I would love to return, and revisit.

B^2
05-07-2018, 02:13 PM
rough:eek:

ultraman6970
05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
You really dont want to go to some countries, as short as that.

smontanaro
05-07-2018, 04:22 PM
You really dont want to go to some countries, as short as that.More like "some places in some countries" methinks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

HenryA
05-07-2018, 06:44 PM

Yep.
There are some places that are not worth the risk.

colker
05-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Don麓t bash entire countries based on a few horrible incidents.

colker
05-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Was thinking the same. Chiapas was/is the center of the Zapatista (EZLN) movement, but their beef is with the Mexican leadership, and not visiting foreigners.

In 2009, at the wish of my wife, looking for something a little more adventuresome, took a 6 day, guided "eco" tour with our kids (then 14, 10 and 10), starting from San Crisobal de Las Casas, and working our counterclockwise, to end at Palenque. Spectacular. Saw more Mayan sites than you can imagine, including some not on any western maps, visited a pair of native villages, kayaked down a undeveloped jungle river, stayed for two days with the indigenous Lacanja tribe, whitewater rafting in their river, and ended up at Palenque. Everyone we met, was open and friendly, noting that most tourists were from Europe and not the US.

Sad to think of what befell these two cyclo-tourists. It is one of the places I would love to return, and revisit.

Have not been in Chiappas but i absolutely love Oaxaca.

staggerwing
05-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Don麓t bash entire countries based on a few horrible incidents.

Exactly.

The year we went to Chiapas, was the year of the big Swine Flu epidemic. My in-laws were absolutely convinced that the only way we were coming home was in body bags. At several points, we were sufficiently off grid that bodies would have never been found, nor looked for. Nevertheless, all was good.

The only time we felt a little spooked was the on the overnight bus ride from Palenque to Tulum. We had to stop in the middle of nowhere, at 2AM, for a military check point. The whole bus was emptied, and luggage was systematically reviewed at gun point. As the sole gringos, we caught a little more attention. We were warned by tour operator to expect this, with the promise that all would be fine, and they were correct.

I don't know what happened to these cyclists, but I'm not going to use their experience to indict all of Mexico. My only hope is the families of the victims can find some closure on this matter.

tourmalet
05-11-2018, 04:52 PM
The state prosecutor is now investigating the deaths as suspected murders. Link in Spanish: https://www.animalpolitico.com/2018/05/accidente-asesinato-chiapas-version-muerte-ciclistas/