PDA

View Full Version : ETap experts?

djg21
05-05-2018, 04:40 PM
I’ve now got a few hundred miles on my eTap, and I screwed up something today. I’m not sure what I did, or if I did anything, but my blips stopped functioning (plugged into shifters — not a blip box). My shifters work, but not the blips. I did screw around with the function buttons in an effort to trim the derailleurs a touch, and I’m thinking that I may have done something to the pairing. I’m charging the derailleur batteries now, and I’ll go through the pairing process before I ride tomorrow? I’ve not found any troubleshooting documents on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas?

bikinchris
05-05-2018, 08:23 PM
I once had trouble when putting blips. Resetting and repairing worked,

Spdntrxi
05-05-2018, 08:33 PM
resetting should fix it.

thunderworks
05-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Not a likely problem, but make sure your connections are pressed in tightly. I had a similar issue once after re-taping bars. My blip connectors weren't fully inserted in the levers and installing the new tape pulled them out enough to lose contact.

R3awak3n
05-06-2018, 05:28 AM
Yes to both these suggestions. You really have to press them in there. If you insert them they feel in but when you really press em in you hear a very positive click. Now, i have no idea how they wouod come out but I guess its a possibility.

Repairing everything is also a good idea. I had my etap stop connecting to my garmin, re paired and all has been well

djg21
05-06-2018, 05:33 AM
It’s a rainy day in upstate ny, so I’ll tinker today and ride my other bike on Zwift. The upshot of this is I decided to buy another set of blips to install in the drops In a sprint position so I’ll have a set for the tops and a set for the hooks.

djg21
05-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Got the blips working. I unplugged the blips and reconnected them. It seems like the commection wasn’t as firm as it should have been. All is good now. So I’ll retape the bars and then do it all over again next week when my second set of blips arrive. I use Handlebra tape, so it’s not a big deal to rewrap the bars.