PDA

View Full Version : Basso and Disco

J.Greene
10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I know this possible link between Basso and Disco is several days old. In my mind if Basso were to race for Disco it would reinforce my belief that drugs inside disco/postal were probably systemic. How could anybody sign him who honestly wanted a clean team, at least in image? Anybody want to discuss?

JG

BdaGhisallo
10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
This is the problem I have with the whole anti-drug movement, and that is the process and the connotations that go with it.

Basso has gone through the process. The evidence has been collected and passed onto the UCI, the world governing body. The UCI then passed it onto his national federation who are responsible for examining the evidence ( and as an aside, positive, or non-negative, drug tests count as evidence not as a verdict in this process). The FCI looked at the evidence and held hearings where Basso was "tried" if you like.

The FCI, acting as the sporting equivalent of a court of law, looked at the evidence presented and looked at and heard Basso's submissions in his defence, and decided that there was no case to answer based on the evidence they had. Hearsay and popular perceptions and public opinion's belief that simply being named in the probe proves he is guilty, do not count for anything in this process, just as they wouldn't in a criminal case.

Basso has gone through the disciplinary process as designed by the IOC and its spawn, WADA, and on through the global and national governing bodies - who all signed onto and support the IOC/WADA structure - and they have determined that he is not guilty.

Therefore Basso is INNOCENT!

If we want to eradicate this problem from the sport we have to go about it in the proper way. They cannot break rules ( devised by them to boot) in order to stop others from breaking rules. Where is the morality in that?

Let it be done properly and let us all respect the results of that process.

bigdeal
10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Basso, Ullrich, and Landis ALL cleared, all 3 sign with Discovery!

J.Greene
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=BdaGhisallo]Basso has gone through the disciplinary process as designed by the IOC and its spawn, WADA, and on through the global and national governing bodies - who all signed onto and support the IOC/WADA structure - and they have determined that he is not guilty.

Therefore Basso is INNOCENT!

QUOTE]

I think I read the Italians are have reserved the right top open an inquiry later when more clear evidence is presented. The UCI has also not declared him not guilty or innocent.

The issue is that discovery is making the decision to go one way, when teams like tmobile have publicized they are going in another.

JG

Serpico
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
imo this thread will be better if someone posts pics of basso's sister

Grant McLean
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM

CNY rider
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
imo this thread will be better if someone posts pics of basso's sister

You were right :beer:

Marcusaurelius
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
It seems just a tad ridiculous to take gossip and the dubious word of former usps rider to claim there was widespread doping on the USPS team. I wonder why it is so easy it is to contrue gossip as fact and not bother to question why a certain person would perjure himself in court one day accusing someone of doping then confess to this very sin a year later. (The accusor was asked at the trial if he had ever used performance enhancing drugs to which he replied--no).

Of course it's all a bunch of horse manure compared to the pics of Basso's sister. Zowie!

coylifut
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
the sister certainly isn't natural. i wonder if that ambition runs in the family. i bet she wishes she could have her old lips back.

BumbleBeeDave
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
She has lips? Oh, yeah. Sorry, I guess she does. I was kinda distracted . . . ;)

BBD

J.Greene
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
It seems just a tad ridiculous to take gossip and the dubious word of former usps rider to claim there was widespread doping on the USPS team. I wonder why it is so easy it is to contrue gossip as fact and not bother to question why a certain person would perjure himself in court one day accusing someone of doping then confess to this very sin a year later. (The accusor was asked at the trial if he had ever used performance enhancing drugs to which he replied--no).

huh? who's doing this in this thread?

JG

lofterschmitt
10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
WoW what a hottie
:D

Fixed
10-18-2006, 09:26 AM
she has a good doc. imho
cheers

Grant McLean
10-18-2006, 09:32 AM
she has a good doc. imho
cheers

i'd give her free health care, if she'd play doctor with me :)

g

J.Greene
10-18-2006, 09:34 AM
i'd give her free health care, if she'd play doctor with me :)

g

don't you guys up there give everyone the free healthcare?

JG

Grant McLean
10-18-2006, 09:38 AM
don't you guys up there give everyone the free healthcare?

JG

oh sure, make my generous offer sound cheap!! :)

g