PDA

View Full Version : C59 saddle bolt torque

jischr
05-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Is there a torque spec for the C59 saddle clamp. I've hand tightened as much as I'm comfortable with but the saddle still slides back on most rides. I'm not certain if I'm pulling against carbon or steel as I tightened it.

Thanks

Bentley
05-03-2018, 04:42 AM
I’m not absolutely sure but generally it’s about 5NM, which unless you have a calibrated “feel” is near impossible to hit without a torque wrench, which by the way is what you should be using. You have a sweet bike and a torque wrench is not that expensive

Matthew
05-03-2018, 07:59 AM
Is the post a Colnago carbon with the little dial thing on it to adjust saddle tilt? If so I had the same post and problem. Could never get my saddle tight enough to stop sliding back. Beautiful post but I think the clamping mechanism stinks. I threw mine away and got a nice carbon post with a two bolt clamp like on most Ritchey posts. Problem solved. Sucks to toss put a Colnago post but it simply didn't clamp the saddle rails tight enough.

gngroup
05-03-2018, 09:24 AM
is there a torque spec for the c59 saddle clamp. I've hand tightened as much as i'm comfortable with but the saddle still slides back on most rides. I'm not certain if i'm pulling against carbon or steel as i tightened it.

Thanks

8nm