PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean/Moving Sale. Look 585 Med + More Frames and Parts

GScot
04-29-2018, 06:16 PM
Due to an upcoming move I'm motivated to clean out the bike excess. I'm selling the Look 585 only because after wrecking my elbow in 2015 I lost enough range of motion that I can't get the fit right. I need lots of stack and a short reach these days and making room for a new Endurance/Gravel bike is the rest of my motivation.

Sold for $620 shipped The 585 is a medium and used but in very good condition, frame/fork/headset/ergopost. Some clearcoat wear at derailleur clamp and bottom bracket and a bit around the rear brake mount. Inside the fork and frame it is very clean with minimal scarring from an errant wheel or debris. Looking to net $650 on this. Spare headset and hanger to be included.

Next up a Velo Vie 300R. I was neighbors with these guys in Tempe so naturally ended up with a road bike and a pair of their State Bikes fixed gears. 1 1/8" straight steerer, threaded bottom bracket, takes 25s and maybe 28s on narrow rims. It is a stiff fast bike just a bit longer than the 585 and that is why it must go as it no longer fits. Size 53. Let's say $350 + shipping or best offer. Frame/Fork/Headset/Seatpost

Final frame is a Specialized Dolce aluminum womens design. 521mm effective top tube, head tube is about 136mm. It's about a 2002 and I haven't found a catalog or chart that seems to match. I know shortly after this bike the geometry was changed to be more relaxed and shorter reach/taller stack for the WSD models. 27.2 seatpost, threaded BB, 1 1/8" alloy steerer. How about $200 to make it worth shipping, OBO. Frame/Fork/Headset

Happy to measure anything or provide specific photos as requested. All frames are structurally sound and in excellent alignment. I have one of those $$$ Abbey alignment gauges so I checked every frame in the house just to make it worthwhile. :banana:

Moving on to parts I have the following. SOLD ITEMS IN GRAY ITALICS

SRAM Force 10 speed group. Brakes, Front and Rear Derailleur, Crank 172.5 53/39, GXP bottom bracket that felt good on the bike but does not feel great in the hand, and Shifters. Looks good and performs well. I'll throw in a barely used Shimano chain and 11-28 cassette. $300 and I pay for shipping. OBO Not planning to include the pictured handlebars but if you want it can go.

Shimano Ultegra 9 speed triple group. Works perfect which is nice because it looks rougher than I remember. Brakes, Front and Rear Derailleur, Crank 167.5, bottom bracket, and shifters. Needs new cables, chain, and cassette to be complete and if I find any of those items I will include them. $200 OBO I'll pay shipping.

Fulcrum 53/39 170mm crank with bearings and cups. I know they had these new for under $100 last year on the UK sites. This one is not new but in good working order. Might be a good incentive for one of those frames or if someone wants to buy it how about $50 and I pay shipping. OBO

SoldZipp SL-80 40cm still on the cardboard hanger. $65 and I ship it. OBO

Saddles
SoldSelle SL with and without Cutout and the worn nose SLR carbon rail $15 each and I put it in a mailer envelop to you. Any of these may be included with any other item for the asking.

SoldArione white with red strip $45 and I pay shipping. OBO

Brooks B17N $60 and I pay shipping OBO.

Link to Album (https://photos.app.goo.gl/R92RDe4T7LqSIexk1) with more photos

4Rings6Stars
04-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Any idea if the 585 will clear 28mm tires? I’ve read that the rear clearance varies a bit from year to year on these... some are limited to 23s but others fit 25 or more.

Thanks!

radsmd
04-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Any idea if the 585 will clear 28mm tires? I’ve read that the rear clearance varies a bit from year to year on these... some are limited to 23s but others fit 25 or more.

Thanks!

Have a similar vintage 585 and ran 27 pave tubbies for PR sportive. Should be plenty of room for a 28.

Clean39T
04-29-2018, 11:29 PM

Thanks!

My ‘09 585 Ultra fits 28s w plenty of room.

GScot
04-30-2018, 06:51 AM

Thanks!

I don't have any 28s on hand to show you the clearance but I do have some 25 Michelin Pro4s I can put in the frame and take some pictures. I think 28s will work unless they are well oversized.

wpod
04-30-2018, 08:49 AM
My ‘09 585 Ultra fits 28s w plenty of room.

+1 Conti 4Season 28c & DTSwiss rr585 with plenty of room on my Ultra

GScot
04-30-2018, 11:31 AM
In response to the tire clearance question. For the photos and measurements I used Michelin Pro4 25s inflated up to 115 psi for maximum spread. Rims are Roval with 22mm brake track width. Front tire measured an average of just over 26mm and the rear just under 26mm. Clearance measured with a feeler gauge and inserted to easily clear with a bit of rattle room was 3.58mm on each side with additional vertical clearance. On the rear clearance 4.08 at the seat stays on each side and although perspective of the photo shows the vertical clearance to be less it is nearly even all the way around. Chain stay clearance is greater.

For this frame and fork I'd say 28mm will work if they are only 28 wide, depending on rims and tires it will be up to the user to make the final judgement.

GScot
05-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Bumped up and sold items noted.

Look 585 Medium, this bike wants to be on the road again. And the others would make great spare bikes or something for a new rider.

Keith A
05-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Bumped up and sold items noted.

Look 585 Medium, this bike wants to be on the road again. And the others would make great spare bikes or something for a new rider.I'm going to show your 585 to a friend tonight.

GScot
05-02-2018, 08:34 AM
I'm going to show your 585 to a friend tonight.

Thanks for the extra exposure. Let's get this Look back on the road.

GScot
05-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Bump time. All saddles except the Arione are sold.

Keith A
05-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Is the 585 still available?

GScot
05-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Is the 585 still available?

It is. A member here has an option on it through Monday as I am traveling and can't ship anyway until after that. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or comments, I don't currently have constant data but will respond as I can.

Keith A
05-13-2018, 10:12 PM
It is. A member here has an option on it through Monday as I am traveling and can't ship anyway until after that. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or comments, I don't currently have constant data but will respond as I can.Thanks. My friend is still considering this...so let me know if the member decides to pass.