PDA

View Full Version : OT: Car cover rec needed

LegendRider
04-28-2018, 02:10 PM
I need a recommendation for a car cover.

The short version is that I inherited a 2006 Camry that my kids will soon be driving. It's parked under a tree adjacent to the driveway and the car is already a mess from debris, sap and pollen. Once I get the car thoroughly detailed, what should I use to protect it? Something effective, moderately priced and easy to use would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph
04-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Just be careful it's not so water proof it traps moisture and promotes rust and corrosion.

makoti
04-28-2018, 04:34 PM
I've had two from Coverking https://www.coverking.com/view-custom-car-covers/
Get something for YOUR car. Generic ones flap & end up in the gutter after a windy day.

Ken Robb
04-28-2018, 05:55 PM
The thing some folks forget about car covers: All the sap, dirt, etc. that it keeps off the car collects on the cover and it can be tricky to handle the dirty cover without getting the schmutz on yourself and your clothing. I tried one once and decided I'd rather wash the car more often than deal with a cover for a daily driver. I'd feel differently about a collector or weekend cruiser----maybe. :)

Peter P.
04-28-2018, 08:40 PM
If your kids will be driving it, make THEM keep it clean-heck with the cover. Tell them they won't be getting dates if "their" car looks skanky.

jumphigher
04-28-2018, 09:00 PM
I forget the brands but I've got two high quality covers I use on my car, both were around $250 new, but are custom fit to the car. Custom fit is definitely the way to go, they cost more than generic covers but fit really well and last a long time - 8 years so far on mine. I keep my car covered at home and at work. It's easy enough for me to put them on and off, but I guess for some people it's too difficult. Ok, probably for most people, lol. Great way to protect you car from the elements though. My near 30 year old interior has very little sun damage at all, and the paint is in great shape too.

yngpunk
04-29-2018, 07:06 AM
I need a recommendation for a car cover.

The short version is that I inherited a 2006 Camry that my kids will soon be driving. It's parked under a tree adjacent to the driveway and the car is already a mess from debris, sap and pollen. Once I get the car thoroughly detailed, what should I use to protect it? Something effective, moderately priced and easy to use would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

CoverKing are highly recommended, can be customized for your vehicle, and made in the USA as well. You can usually find them on sale through the various online auto parts stores, such as Auto Anything.