PDA

View Full Version : Mount Dora, FL Bike Festival

tad3
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Had a wonderful time in Mount Dora, FL this past weekend; the weather was perfect and the riding was great. I met a CSi rider from Boca Raton who got me started talking about bikes at the Howey sag stop just prior to the Yalaha Bakery, and I never got his name! He did tell me he was a forum member, so I thought I would give a shout. We spent most of the time looking at the excellent welds on his bike, and the dropouts which harken back to Ben Serotta's signature dropout joinery style, and the rest of the time talking about Richard Sachs bicycles (my personal favorites).
Tom Donahue
Melbourne, FL

Don
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Glad to learn your name!

Enjoyed meeting you and your wife, admiring the Sachs machines and talking bikes with you.

When you come this way, please be sure to let me know. While we have no hills, unlike Mount Dora, I can take you over I-95 overpasses to make up for the lack of inclines.

And, by the way, my earlier bike was a CSi. The one you and your friends checked out was my Legend which now has more than 15,000 miles on it. Serotta sure builds a super product!

Best regards to you and your wife.

Don Braverman