PDA

View Full Version : OT: anybody saw The China Hustle???

ultraman6970
04-24-2018, 11:17 AM
If you have some investments moving around I would advice you to look at this documentary, not sure if its in netflix... 80+% at Rotten...

duff_duffy
04-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Never heard of movie but after reading a few write ups am very interested.

ultraman6970
04-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Looks like is not at netflix but fios has it...

CunegoFan
04-24-2018, 06:48 PM
If you have some investments moving around I would advice you to look at this documentary, not sure if its in netflix... 80+% at Rotten...

Yup. I liked how they lionize the guy who made bank selling this crap on the way up then felt so bad about it he felt he needed to make even more ripping people off on the way down.

General Wesley Clark comes off as either a real dirtbag or someone who is completely clueless.

It does make me wonder about my emerging market ETFs.

ultraman6970
04-25-2018, 09:00 AM
Remember years ago when the china started trading shares in other countries I wonder "who knows if everything is real?, is somebody from the gvmt checking out these people before trading the stock here??", then years later the documentary and looks like my questions were answered, so much money in the middle that nobody really cares if what you see being traded is real or not, they only know that they will get a cut of the transaction.

It is sad because as long as the banks see their share of the transaction they dont care if fraud is the source of the money, the problem is that you can end up with nothing.