PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Avant Vélo!

gt88
04-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Hi! My name is George and I run a small company, Avant Vélo in Boise, ID. I build custom wheels, dabble in designing cycling accessories and I am working on a podcast series exploring the intersection of art and cycling told through the lens of different cities around the world.

I have been building wheels for 15 years and worked in the cycling industry, off and on, for 10 years. I have always geeked out on building wheels. I find it really satisfying to take a pile of parts, having no purpose independently, and making them into a functional component. In an effort to stay connected to the cycling industry, while not currently working full time in the biz, I have expanded my fledgling small business to include building wheels for all types of riding.

I am available for custom work and would love the opportunity to learn form you what you want out of your wheelset and deliver a purpose built product.

I am also assembling spec wheels as I can. These are wheels made with quality components from top manufacturers. The purpose and design of the wheels is chosen by me and I am offering these ready made options at a great value. Some of the components may have wear from being sourced in the dusty corners of the globe but they will always be new, unused and 100% functional. There are no shortcuts taken in building these wheels, and I spend a ton of time exorcising my OCD demons making sure the final product will bring many miles of enjoyment to the customer.

Please PM me or get in touch through the platforms listed below if you have any questions and thank you to the Paceline for the opportunity!

George
avantvelo.com (http://avantvelo.com)
george@avantvelo.com (mailto:george@avantvelo.com)
Instagram: @avantvelo (http://instagram.com/avantvelo)

William
04-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the Paceline!:cool:

William

gt88
04-24-2018, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the Paceline!:cool:

William

Thank you!

dbnm
04-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Welcome!

Mzilliox
04-24-2018, 10:07 PM
How cool. I am fascinated by the intersection of art and bicycle. Its why i keep buying more bikes and wheels. The top guys have such a unique take on the art of it, i mean a bike is a bike, but how do we end up with some bikes that look terrible and some that inspire nearly as much lust as Khaleesi:banana:

gt88
04-24-2018, 10:10 PM
How cool. I am fascinated by the intersection of art and bicycle. Its why i keep buying more bikes and wheels. The top guys have such a unique take on the art of it, i mean a bike is a bike, but how do we end up with some bikes that look terrible and some that inspire nearly as much lust as Khaleesi:banana: Right?! Thanks for the support!

crankles
04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
The Bay Areas loss is Boises gain. George is great peoples!

gt88
04-26-2018, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Thomas! Come visit!The Bay Areas loss is Boises gain. George is great peoples!