PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden new Arione? Versus Evo or Open?

Climb01742
04-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Curious how the redesigned Arione stacks up. Has anyone put any miles on a new Arione Versus Evo or Open model? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

cadence90
04-22-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm a long-time classic Arione/Arione CX user, and I love them.

I tried a loaner Arione Versus Regular last year or so, and really hated the angle, sharpness, rigidity, and feeling of the recessed channel. Apparently this is a common complaint about the Versus.

I don't know if the Arione Open channel is the same as the Versus (it looks like it is different from the photos), but until I read a lot of positive reports from long-term classic Arione users, or have a chance to try one again for free, I'm not really that interested.

I do wish that Fizik still had their old demo program going; that was very useful.

jpritchet74
04-22-2018, 03:01 PM
There is a new Arione shape? Damn - why do they feel the need to change what is perfect?

I guess I should buy some extras of the old design...

Hilltopperny
04-23-2018, 05:50 AM
I bought a bike that came with an open Arione and it's a very comfy saddle. I usually don't get along well with saddles that aren't leather suspended design. The Arione open disappears underneath me. Glad I gave it a shot before putting one of my berthoud or brooks saddles on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FlashUNC
04-23-2018, 06:11 AM
Big fan of the old Arione CX. Have the new R1 and really disappointed in the redesign. Nowhere near as comfortable.

Vamoots58
04-23-2018, 06:19 AM
+1!!!

mcteague
04-23-2018, 06:29 AM
Big fan of the old Arione CX. Have the new R1 and really disappointed in the redesign. Nowhere near as comfortable.

My old Aliante is getting quite worn so I tried the new R3 version and it seems nothing like the old series. Not bad, mind you, just not as comfortable. I ended up with a Fabric Scoop Radius which appears to be the closet thing to the old Aliante.

Tim

FlashUNC
04-23-2018, 06:43 AM
My old Aliante is getting quite worn so I tried the new R3 version and it seems nothing like the old series. Not bad, mind you, just not as comfortable. I ended up with a Fabric Scoop Radius which appears to be the closet thing to the old Aliante.

Tim

I'm in the same boat it seems. The Fabric Flat is way more like the Arione of old than the new Arione.

veloduffer
04-23-2018, 07:11 AM
I'm in the same boat it seems. The Fabric Flat is way more like the Arione of old than the new Arione.

I agree - the Fabric Flat is a good substitute for the old Arione.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cadence90
04-23-2018, 05:24 PM
My old Aliante is getting quite worn so I tried the new R3 version and it seems nothing like the old series. Not bad, mind you, just not as comfortable.
Tim

The newer ones are "not bad", I agree, but unfortunately for me I feel that the Fizik cost/value ratio has gone way down. Everything just seems cheaper on the new iterations. And, yes, they don't fit as well ime. I'm a full-on Arione CX Classic hoarder now. I guess one day I could try a Fabric Flat.