PDA

View Full Version : Pics of your parts stash

NYCfixie
04-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Apartment living and N=1 has reduced mine to a few plastic boxes that I get to take out of storage and fondle the stuff when my wife is away. This happens to be one of those weekends.

Highlights:

Six original Schwalbe One 28mm (before they went tubeless)
Bars I need to take to Colorado in June and put on my flat bar bike that is in my brothers garage and I use for rides with my nieces and nephew
Same for the Michelin Endurance 28mm tires - replacing some horrible Conti wire bead tires
Clement MSO 32mm - need some wheels for these (but need to sell another set first)
To the right of the schwalbe tires in bags are the TRP RG957 mid-reach brakes I listed a few days ago
Underneath, a few backup saddles for me and my wife - it took us so long to find ones we like, I bought a few extras before they stopped making them
A few rolls of Zevlin Big40 Bar Tape which I got before they went out of business - great stuff - wish they were still around making it
Zipp bars, stem, and post for a new but not yet decided gravel-ish bike
And some various other stuff I should sell/donate because I am not using it

What are you holding in your stash?

bicycletricycle
04-21-2018, 06:41 PM
You do not have a parts stash :) what are you some kind of minimalist?

NYCfixie
04-21-2018, 06:45 PM
You do not have a parts stash :) what are you some kind of minimalist?

#smallapartmentliving

bicycletricycle
04-21-2018, 06:47 PM
I used to have one 12x12 room to live in, still had 6 bikes and 10 tubs of parts. Had to sleep in a hammock.

That’s smart apartment living :)

NYCfixie
04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
I used to have one 12x12 room to live in, still had 6 bikes and 10 tubs of parts. Had to sleep in a hammock.

You know that trip I mentioned my wife is on? She is in providence for the weekend. If I tell you were she is staying will you go talk some sense into her?

StephenCL
04-21-2018, 08:45 PM
I am embarresed to post a bike of my bike room to be honest...

I used industrial wire selves with Bins... (think warehouse).

I usually have a number of Campy groups in boxes, 15-20 tubular tires, 10-15 stems in boxes and everything else needed to build a bike...think chains, cable sets etc...

I used to own a shop in the early 1990's, so I think there is a true theraputic side to what I have done..

A couple folks here have been to the bike room...

That is all..

Stephen

bicycletricycle
04-21-2018, 09:00 PM
You know that trip I mentioned my wife is on? She is in providence for the weekend. If I tell you were she is staying will you go talk some sense into her?

When my significant other and I started dating I told her that if I had to choose between bicycles and her....... don’t make me choose that.

What I am saying is, you gotta start early.

Ken Robb
04-21-2018, 09:07 PM

You've always been single, right?

spinarelli
04-21-2018, 11:41 PM
https://instagram.com/p/Bhmsj6fAdRe/

04-21-2018, 11:53 PM
I used to own a shop in the early 1990's, so I think there is a true theraputic side to what I have done..

A couple folks here have been to the bike room...

That is all..

Stephen

This is the post of a truly deluded, addicted cyclist.

But then, we understand here that some things are simply unavoidable. When one owns a quality bike and is serious about riding, one must be able to maintain it. It doesn't matter that there are four or five frames hanging and enough parts to build up a dozen. Doesn't matter that we have four pairs of 42 cm bars when we're riding 40 cm now. Doesn't matter that we have about six pounds of 4 and 5 mm stainless button-head bolts to mount fenders with. We need 'em all. Then there are the tires. You aren't serious about tubulars unless you have four or five wheel boxes lined in heavy trash bags to protect them from ozone and at least ten quality tubulars in each box. Aging tubulars is important, as is having an assortment for all seasons and riding conditions. One only needs to keep on hand a couple dozen or so open tubulars, or about three if they're Continentals.

You could think about a storage unit. Or just acknowledge that you aren't giving your sport the attention it deserves. Do it right or get a beach cruiser. Jeez. I shouldn't be having to tell you that.

bicycletricycle
04-22-2018, 10:08 AM
You've always been single, right?

Nope, I good other good qualities ;)

Cicli
04-22-2018, 10:13 AM

:confused:

04-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Clearly coherence is one of those qualities.

Mzilliox
04-22-2018, 10:24 AM
:confused:

he cooks and cleans obviously...

Clean39T
04-22-2018, 11:21 AM
My garage corner is a nightmare at the moment. Due for some serious cleaning and organizing. I’ll nab a before shot though, just so the after looks more impressive...

spacemen3
04-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Lots of future builds to stockpile parts for. :)