PDA

View Full Version : Very OT: Anyone recommend a good PHP dev?

RyanH
04-20-2018, 01:29 PM
I'm helping a friend with a project and hitting the proverbial brick wall with his current dev, so I could use some recommendations for a good PHP dev.

Right now, we're having a problem with the primary script running reliably. They wrote a script in the application that traverses a file structure, parses that as structured data into an array and then iterates through it to send the images off to an API, thumbnail, create a relationship taxonomy and store into a database. Fairly straightforward but the script errors and stops running without any output to error logs and won't resume without going into the DB and undoing things and yada yada.

Being a python dev, I'm having trouble understanding how this is even possible and why they're having so much trouble getting it to work reliably, or at least skip over problems and log.

Blown Reek
04-20-2018, 01:43 PM
I now know what non-cyclists feel when reading cycling-specific literature.

Have you held down the power button for 10 seconds? That works for my computer issues.

RyanH
04-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Ya, I paused when I wrote the parts after the second sentence but that was just in case there are PHP devs on here that may want to PM me directly.

And that was the Bikerumor version, I almost did the Tour version but refrained :bike:

spacemen3
04-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Have you tried placing this at the top of your PHP script?

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Ozz
04-20-2018, 02:12 PM