PDA

View Full Version : Name For Courier Services?

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 12:52 PM
As me and a few friends are braking out and opening our own messenger company im thinking of names. We are in Sweden but english names totally work here so was hoping you guys were up for dropping some names?

Please feel free to go wild or by all means be boring and appropriately corporate as well .)

Im thankful for all suggestions and or any inspiration.

Cheers

MattTuck
04-20-2018, 12:54 PM
oooh, sounds fun.

This is a 100% bicycle messenger service? delivering packages? or food and stuff also?

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 12:58 PM
oooh, sounds fun.

This is a 100% bicycle messenger service? delivering packages? or food and stuff also?

Hmm well i would like to stay off the food delivery train as i personally dont like to deliver food. But the business in general is moving more n more in that direction so it may be hard to avoid it all together. This will however be a "classic" courier service for the most part.

MattTuck
04-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Just a few off the top of my head... which I'd be surprised if others don't already have similar names.

VeloCity Couriers
5 Star Couriers (could be interesting for logo/brand)
Final Mile Couriers

Cloudberry Couriers (Sorry, had to throw that one in. My dad traveled to sweden years ago and really enjoyed Cloudberry liquer by that name. And everytime I think of Sweden, I think of how I can get some of that liquor for him, as we drink it each year on thanksgiving, and the current supply is down to 1 bottle, I think. I see now that it is actually from Finland, and this calls into question everything my dad has ever told me!)

Not sure of the birds in your area. That might be an interesting angle to look at. They are fast and agile, might convey the right message. Something fierce (like a raptor) might send the message if the businesses you send are rough around the edges. Also, song birds are pretty nonconfrontational and generally have good associations already. If it is a more tame clientele, that may be the way to go, or if you're serving the public.

cinco
04-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Paceline

JasonF
04-20-2018, 01:29 PM
I put myself (partially) through undergrad as a bike messenger in DC and the name of the company was:

Direct Delivery Systems.

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Thanks, thats a thoughtfull response cheers

Actually one of my colleagues wants T-Rex well its one of his suggestions anyways. I think the thinking here is they have really big legs and tiny arms or something similar .) Personally i think its to Testosterone-based. I would prefer to steer away from the macho messenger go fast brake for noone attitudes in the name and go for something funny or just neutral with a possitive load like you are on to with the bird theory.

One name that keeps coming up in our talks is Joyride.
I like it on the one hand, on the other hand i think it could perhaps carry a sexual ? undertone. But i think its kinda playful and i like that idea of that. I dont want to be another company with just an appropriate name for the business. We who will be working here are all pretty easy going but very serious about our jobs as everyone will have been deliverying packages for years allrdy from the get to.

Haha well you know we have all been through that "this brings into questions what my dad says". Its tough but we will still love them just the same .)

Thanks

Bentley
04-20-2018, 01:36 PM
On the Rivet Delivery Service

Peloton Delivery Service

Performance Enhanced Delivery

Just a few ideas

Ray

macaroon
04-20-2018, 01:37 PM
One name that keeps coming up in our talks is Joyride.

Awful name.

"To joyride is to drive around in a stolen vehicle with no particular goal other than the pleasure or thrill of doing so."

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Paceline is neat but swedes who are not cyclists wont know the meaning of that word even tho our english is pretty good or even great on average. Its just not a common word to know i believe.

Direct delivery systems to me sounds like a really big organisation with an idea on how to upgrade the internet or something like that .) I fear like these type of names can just sound like we are blowing smoke. Id like it to be more down to earth and just be really really good at what we do instead. (not saying you were not great :banana: )

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Awful name.

"To joyride is to drive around in a stolen vehicle with no particular goal other than the pleasure or thrill of doing so."

Yeah i know that doesent sound good when used like that. I think that there is another meaning to this word here, but perhaps i / we are wrong about that..

macaroon
04-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Yeah i know that doesent sound good when used like that. I think that there is another meaning to this word here, but perhaps i / we are wrong about that..

Yeh, perhaps there is another meaning. It's good to share though, as is often the case when coming up with names/logos/brands/designs, you can get tunnel vision and not see things from a different perspective.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the word Joyride was crime/criminals/Grand Theft Auto etc. Not something you want associated with a delivery company, or any company!

macaroon
04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Presumably this a cycling courier company?

Ozz
04-20-2018, 02:02 PM
PedEx

cadence90
04-20-2018, 02:03 PM
http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r654/traghetter/Downtube%20Shifter%20Bosses_zpsaqax5ovm.jpg (http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/traghetter/media/Downtube%20Shifter%20Bosses_zpsaqax5ovm.jpg.html)

mktng
04-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Hands On Delivery.

Its boring. But i think it works.

Not really narrowing it down to cycling. Not too big corporate.

We have a local courier called Personal Touch Courier. always liked that name.. its .. welcoming

cinco
04-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Sprint

Second Wind

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Presumably this a cycling courier company?

Yes only regular mechanical bikes. Perhaps a cargo or 2 down the line, this or these may even be electric-assisted who knows. But have no plans or desire to have any other vehicles in this company.

harlond
04-20-2018, 02:27 PM
If you're going dinosaur, doesn't it have to be velociraptor?

And then get all your riders a helmet with a velociraptor painted on it, maybe logo'ed messenger bags, with a velociraptor riding a bike. Green and black colors. Just make it a friendly-looking velociraptor* if you're worried about the testosterone factor.

*Friendly-looking velociraptor is a contradiction in terms, but still.

cmg
04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
"Out the Door" as in shove it out the door...........

fa63
04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
VeloCity Couriers

I like this one a lot.

cadence90
04-20-2018, 02:36 PM
We have a local courier called Personal Touch Courier. always liked that name.. its .. welcoming

It sounds like a mobile "massage" company....

tuscanyswe
04-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Just a few off the top of my head... which I'd be surprised if others don't already have similar names.

VeloCity Couriers
5 Star Couriers (could be interesting for logo/brand)
Final Mile Couriers

Cloudberry Couriers (Sorry, had to throw that one in. My dad traveled to sweden years ago and really enjoyed Cloudberry liquer by that name. And everytime I think of Sweden, I think of how I can get some of that liquor for him, as we drink it each year on thanksgiving, and the current supply is down to 1 bottle, I think. I see now that it is actually from Finland, and this calls into question everything my dad has ever told me!)

Not sure of the birds in your area. That might be an interesting angle to look at. They are fast and agile, might convey the right message. Something fierce (like a raptor) might send the message if the businesses you send are rough around the edges. Also, song birds are pretty nonconfrontational and generally have good associations already. If it is a more tame clientele, that may be the way to go, or if you're serving the public.

How did i miss that. VELOcity is pretty great.
I will have to throw this in to the mix!

dancinkozmo
04-20-2018, 02:43 PM
snails pace courier

https://media.gettyimages.com/vectors/cartoon-dead-snail-vector-id165786673?s=170667a

Marlin
04-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Apollo

Gsinill
04-20-2018, 02:47 PM
pedex
+1

dancinkozmo
04-20-2018, 02:47 PM

Gsinill
04-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Cykel Kurirer ;)

woolly
04-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Consider your audience - your customers. Do they care if you're using a bike to provide the service?

My suggestion would be to focus the name on the service itself, not the cycling aspect.

macaroon
04-20-2018, 02:57 PM
PedEx

Haha! In the UK, a Ped is one of these

http://safervideos.com/pictures/gsi/50ccBoom_a.jpg

Or one of these

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/ad_146376755-e1434004521730.jpg

galgal
04-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Velovoom

Climb01742
04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Completely non-corporation names:

SpokeFolks

Wheelie

ZennerTubes

The Chain Gang

There Yesterday (may be utterly wrong for Sweden, but wanted to say fast)

BikeSnabbs (isn't the Swedish word for fast 'snabb'? Kinda funny, no?)

MattTuck
04-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Consider your audience - your customers. Do they care if you're using a bike to provide the service?

My suggestion would be to focus the name on the service itself, not the cycling aspect.

Along this same line of thinking, (and without getting too much into salesmanship), consider who the purchaser of your services will be. Is it an attorney, is it an office manager, is it on a per package basis, or do you hope to become the sole provider of this type of service to your clients.

These are all things to consider. As mentioned, does the purchaser (the person making the decision to go with you or someone else) care that you are a bike messenger, or that you're fast, or that you're reliable, or whatever the primary dimension of competition is? How can you use your brand to differentiate?

Having a sense of humor is good, as long as you do the leg work to develop the brand and your service stands on its own. But if your clients are serious people, consider that a funny or tongue in cheek name might turn them off.

I had thought another sort of funny name, Messenger Pigeon Messengers ... but it is a little redundant... and maybe the humble messenger pigeon does not inspire good feelings like Blue Bird Messengers.

pinkshogun
04-20-2018, 03:24 PM
Years ago i was visiting a musician friend in the hospital. I overheard two older ladies mentioning "Uncle Ed's ear" and that became the name of our next band.

I now bequeath the name to you for your new endeavor.

Tickdoc
04-20-2018, 06:22 PM
PedEx

Winner winner chicken dinner.

avalonracing
04-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Here and Now

galgal
04-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Campy Baby
(for the niche market)

cmbicycles
04-20-2018, 08:08 PM
The Furrier Courier... everyone needs to have a beard.
"Scurrier Courier" and use a squirrel for your mascot. ;)

Louis
04-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Mercury Courier Services

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/49/4c/59494ce0c24f8b8c1d17113f815bd335.jpg

hokoman
04-20-2018, 08:33 PM
My first job was as a messenger one day a week in college. I worked for Breakaway Courier System - I just googled it, and the logo looks the same but it used to be way downtown on Varick Street, not in midtown. Anyhow, 'Breakaway Messengers' or something like that would be my recommendation.

ultraman6970
04-21-2018, 01:04 AM
"quick'y"

No need to train clients to remember the word, which is a plus :D

oldpotatoe
04-21-2018, 08:40 AM
As me and a few friends are breaking out and opening our own messenger company im thinking of names. We are in Sweden but english names totally work here so was hoping you guys were up for dropping some names?

Please feel free to go wild or by all means be boring and appropriately corporate as well .)

Cheers

A local messenger company here has almost lost all his biz because of digitized 'stuff', instead of hard copy 'stuff'..He has had to resort to food and serving warrants and notices to appear(yikes)..is there a strong demand for hard copy delivery in Sweden?

FaustoCopy...

kppolich
04-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Stockholm Bike Messengers or Stockholm Bike Couriers
"packages, food, documents, delivery, pickup" via bike.

Let them know what your business does and how.

kohlboto
04-21-2018, 08:58 AM
Quicksilver
Breaking Away
Premium Rush
(American) Swedish Flyers

kohlboto
04-21-2018, 09:02 AM
bIkea
Tre Kronor

2LeftCleats
04-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Fleet Feet

Legwork

dancinkozmo
04-21-2018, 09:15 AM
abba reference...
'take a chance on us ' courier service

tuscanyswe
04-21-2018, 09:51 AM
A local messenger company here has almost lost all his biz because of digitized 'stuff', instead of hard copy 'stuff'..He has had to resort to food and serving warrants and notices to appear(yikes)..is there a strong demand for hard copy delivery in Sweden?

FaustoCopy...

I think this is somewhat true for most places including sweden n stockholm but yes there is a market still. It is more n more about delivering lunches tho :/

tuscanyswe
04-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Thank you all for contributing!

Even if im not responding to all posts im digesting and processing your thoughts n proposals

Cheers

Climb01742
04-21-2018, 09:56 AM
FaustoCopy...

;)

Inspired by that, how about ‘Fasto Fausto’?

If a bike messenger service can’t have a fun name, who can?

Oh wait. How about 90% of Silicon Valley?

It’s debatable yes but for me, companies have been freed from stodgy names and if I see a boring name these days, I infer a boring company too scared to use their imaginations.

Maybe accountants need grown up names, but a messenger? Have some fun!:rolleyes::):hello:

tuscanyswe
04-21-2018, 10:23 AM
;)

Inspired by that, how about ‘Fasto Fausto’?

If a bike messenger service can’t have a fun name, who can?

Oh wait. How about 90% of Silicon Valley?

It’s debatable yes but for me, companies have been freed from stodgy names and if I see a boring name these days, I infer a boring company too scared to use their imaginations.

Maybe accountants need grown up names, but a messenger? Have some fun!:rolleyes::):hello:

This is our thinking as well hence why i still like joyride

Climb01742
04-21-2018, 10:49 AM
This is our thinking as well hence why i still like joyride

For what it’s worth, I like Joyride too.

Again, for what it’s worth, go with your gut. Before a name can mean something to clients, it should mean something to you. If it means something to you, you’ll work hard to bring that meaning to life and bring it to your customers.

The part I like best about Joyride is the joy part. From what I’ve gleamed from your posts over the years, you seem like a positive person, a happy person. Bringing joy to your job is a damn good way to bring joy to yourself and others.

I think you’ve found your name.

MattTuck
04-21-2018, 11:01 AM
I think this is somewhat true for most places including sweden n stockholm but yes there is a market still. It is more n more about delivering lunches tho :/

Yes, I am not going to presume anything about the market or your business plan, but I'd be concerned not just about digitization, but also drones that could deliver packages via the air.

In that vein, names like:
Totally not Robot Couriers
Human Powered Couriers
Actual People Couriers
etc.,

might help to differentiate you.

There is a non-profit in the US that brings meals to elderly people and sits with them while they eat, so that they aren't so lonely. The name of the organization is "Meals on Wheels". Not sure if you have something with that name already in Sweden, but for a meal focused bicycle courier service, it is a good name. However, if that is a low margin segment of the business, and not where you want to focus, probably not the best choice.

2LeftCleats
04-21-2018, 11:15 AM
Don’t Blame the Messenger Service

MattTuck
04-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Don’t Blame the Messenger Service

This is great, if they have the same idiom in Sweden. or Don't shoot the messenger service.

OR D.B.T. Messengers... haha, just say "Don't Blame The", when people ask what stands for.

macaroon
04-21-2018, 12:29 PM
;)

Is a boring company a bad thing though? Perhaps it depends on the target market?

If I saw a "fun" name, I'd be worried I'd have to deal with some over-the-top funny and friendly dickhead, when really I just want a normal person with enough self awareness to not call me "dude".

Climb01742
04-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Is a boring company a bad thing though? Perhaps it depends on the target market?

If I saw a "fun" name, I'd be worried I'd have to deal with some over-the-top funny and friendly dickhead, when really I just want a normal person with enough self awareness to not call me "dude".

It’s a very fair question. Without one, right answer.

That’s part of what makes starting your own business fun. You can answer the question for yourself.

Maybe my view is influenced by working in a creative industry. A company’s name can be a filter. If a name bugs a potential client, maybe it’s better for everyone if that client finds a name and company they like. Horses and courses, yes?;)

cadence90
04-21-2018, 09:07 PM
http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r654/traghetter/Stockholm%20Crosstown%20Traffic_02b_zpsp1fd7zql.jp g (http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/traghetter/media/Stockholm%20Crosstown%20Traffic_02b_zpsp1fd7zql.jp g.html)

jtakeda
04-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Here are all the companies in my area. Some of the past some of the present

Flash
Western
King courier
Express network
First legal
Nationwide
Lightning express
PedEx
Cricket
Cupid
Pelican
Speedway
Lickity split

Courier work is hard in these times. Everyone is going electronic or getting cut out by apps or companies with venture capital

IMO i would avoid food. I’ve never delivered food but the food delivery space is too risky. Restaurants use you until they hire in house delivery or sub out to a bigger company for cheaper than what you can do.

There’s a lot of volatility in the food delivery space at least here in the Bay Area—if it’s something you want to PM me about feel free.

When I worked doing traditional work we did keys, blueprints, advertising proofs, checks/payroll, etc.

Being more specialized will go a long way in the mess world IMO.

echelon_john
04-21-2018, 09:28 PM
BringIt

tuscanyswe
04-22-2018, 12:52 AM
http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r654/traghetter/Stockholm%20Crosstown%20Traffic_02b_zpsp1fd7zql.jp g (http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/traghetter/media/Stockholm%20Crosstown%20Traffic_02b_zpsp1fd7zql.jp g.html)

Haha the company we are leaving is called CrossTown!

cadence90
04-22-2018, 12:59 AM
Haha the company we are leaving is called CrossTown!

Wow, unbelievable! I would have not guessed that in a million years.

Well, nix on that option in that case....

tuscanyswe
04-22-2018, 01:04 AM
Here are all the companies in my area. Some of the past some of the present

Flash
Western
King courier
Express network
First legal
Nationwide
Lightning express
PedEx
Cricket
Cupid
Pelican
Speedway
Lickity split

Courier work is hard in these times. Everyone is going electronic or getting cut out by apps or companies with venture capital

IMO i would avoid food. I’ve never delivered food but the food delivery space is too risky. Restaurants use you until they hire in house delivery or sub out to a bigger company for cheaper than what you can do.

There’s a lot of volatility in the food delivery space at least here in the Bay Area—if it’s something you want to PM me about feel free.

When I worked doing traditional work we did keys, blueprints, advertising proofs, checks/payroll, etc.

Being more specialized will go a long way in the mess world IMO.

Cheers

I agree. Our idea will center around us beeing a collective and that there are mutual benefits for our customers n ourselves with experienced (all involved will have there own business n been working for quite a while) couriers delivering packages with no middle men. So everyone handling the item in question will feel a personal responsibility to do a good job. And in the same way be happy that he/she now gets the fair share of the pie since no middlemen.

cadence90
04-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Cheers

I agree. Our idea will center around us beeing a collective and that there are mutual benefits for our customers n ourselves with experienced (all involved will have there own business n been working for quite a while) couriers delivering packages with no middle men. So everyone handling the item in question will feel a personal responsibility to do a good job. And in the same way be happy that he/she now gets the fair share of the pie since no middlemen.
That is great, and I wish you and your partners the best of luck.

The ideas sound good, and with your statement and stance I would think much less a "Joyride" and much more a "... Courier Collective" type of name.
Just my 0.017 SEK. ;)

bikenow
04-22-2018, 02:31 AM
Seat-post

tuscanyswe
04-22-2018, 04:17 AM
That is great, and I wish you and your partners the best of luck.

The ideas sound good, and with your statement and stance I would think much less a "Joyride" and much more a "... Courier Collective" type of name.
Just my 0.017 SEK. ;)

Thank you! ;)

That line ”courier collective” but similar in swedish will likely be our tagline regardless of our name. We came to a conclusion that the word ”collective” in swedish could have a political meaning for some ppl which led us to not going that route with the actual name

Mattbotak
04-22-2018, 05:49 AM
VeloCity Couriers

Climb01742
04-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Cheers

That’s an interesting angle. And maybe a point of difference.

In Sweden, do you use the phrase ‘own it’? Here it means when someone takes responsibility for a project or an action. As a customer, I’d like knowing that the courier wasn’t an employee, but someone who had a bigger stake in the collective succeeding and my package getting where it needs to go.

Could ‘Own It Couriers’ be an option? It could work well with your collective line as a subtitle or descriptive. Just a thought.

cadence90
04-22-2018, 01:36 PM

choke
04-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Viggen (Express, Couriers, etc)

Birddog
04-22-2018, 07:05 PM
PedEx

I like this or if you feel like PED is a negative, just use PEDAL EXPRESS, the name says it all.

Villgaxx
04-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Viggen (Express, Couriers, etc)

saab

Lund
04-23-2018, 10:56 PM
I like this or if you feel like PED is a negative, just use PEDAL EXPRESS, the name says it all.
FYI
PedEx / Pedal Expresss is a courier operation in Oakland. I would avoid this name as the messenger world is pretty tight knit. One would feel pretty silly showing up to a CMWC (Cycle Messenger World Championships) representing a new company only to find out that name was taken 20+ years ago.

tuscanyswe
04-24-2018, 01:16 AM
That’s an interesting angle. And maybe a point of difference.

In Sweden, do you use the phrase ‘own it’? Here it means when someone takes responsibility for a project or an action. As a customer, I’d like knowing that the courier wasn’t an employee, but someone who had a bigger stake in the collective succeeding and my package getting where it needs to go.

Could ‘Own It Couriers’ be an option? It could work well with your collective line as a subtitle or descriptive. Just a thought.

Cheers. For me it fits in pretty great but i think its an expression that to many ppl would struggle to understand here still.

tuscanyswe
04-24-2018, 01:19 AM
VeloCity Couriers

I personally like this, but my collegues hsve to much of a rim regerence and feels its a bit taken allrdy.

Looks like we are going with JoyRide if nothing unforseen happends

tuscanyswe
04-24-2018, 01:22 AM
FYI
PedEx / Pedal Expresss is a courier operation in Oakland. I would avoid this name as the messenger world is pretty tight knit. One would feel pretty silly showing up to a CMWC (Cycle Messenger World Championships) representing a new company only to find out that name was taken 20+ years ago.

I agree, ideally u want a name that is not taken but there are a lot of small outfits around the world. For instance, Pedal was the first or maybe 2nd courier company to launch in stockholm in the 90s so its not only just taken, its actually allrdy copied as well ;)

tuscanyswe
05-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Thanks all who participated and came up with ideas and thoughts. Much appreciated. In the end we agreed upon naming ourself JOYRIDE. This came about as our 3rd customer asked what we were called and i again tried to come up with something, just anything to say really. I looked at his t-shirt and it said Joyride. I think he was in to motorcycles and this was somehow related to that.

I said well u know joyride is not such a bad name and pointed towards the logo on his chest.

I guess thats how these things work themselves out..

Cheers

tuscanyswe
05-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to share a bit.

We have been running this company for about a year now. We are very small and currently only 4-5 riders daily. It only took 6 months or so for us to achieve the same salaries as the company we used to work for, even starting from scratch. In the next 6 month until today we have put another 50% on top of our previous salary so we are at 150% of what we left now i guess.

Now we are bike couriers so we are still under paid ofcourse. Not joking as we work really hard and are really good at our jobs.

Personally i was never in it for the money (really? lol) but its sort of been a mission of mine to provide better economics for couriers or at least for a few of us as ive been one for something like 17 years now. I really love doing my job but its always felt like it was way to hard to be a courier and have a normal life with bills to pay etc. Once you get older most ppl quit and start doing something else as the life-puzzle wasent really working out for most.

Not saying i or we have solved anything really but im real proud of what we have achieved thus far. We are doing what we love doing and now getting paid at least a decent amount for it that we can live off of.

We practically have no costs and we split the income. We take orders via whatsap and have free telephone boards and zello for communication etc. All the tech one could want for free.

We have set up a google sheet to do do all our invoicing for us, also for free at the touch of a button. Its amazing what one can do with abit of time (okay lots of time) and a lot of willingness. I dident even know google sheets existed before this..

For me who is not really a person that likes to look to far a head and to start things up as i tend to see problems everywhere (i tend to think further than most and im bit anal) and i need to know i can fix them before i jump onboard stuff.. It has been a great experience to see how far you can come by just doing stuff and getting started, really thats all it takes. I wish perhaps i have realized this earlier in life. Because it has also been so much fun to make this journey and continue to try and improve and get more customers and potentially get another rider to join us etc.

Not sure this is my dream but its something i really like doing, perhaps more so now than i have in the last decade at least. Live your dream ppl! even if its small :)

William
05-30-2019, 10:00 AM
Excellent news! Congrats and continued good luck!:cool:

William

MattTuck
05-30-2019, 10:16 AM
That makes me happy to hear, and I am proud of your for taking the risk, and happy it is working out. Does paceline get a share of revenues for coming up with the name?? :)

I too wish I had taken more risk in the past, and maybe not been so conservative with certain choices.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Climb01742
05-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Yay!!!!! Awesome to hear of your success and even better, your happiness. It's truly a beautiful thing. Can't think of a better way to earn a living than by your own guts, wits and sweat. You've created some just, honorable and bigger than yourself. Bravo!!

tuscanyswe
05-30-2019, 11:45 AM
Thank you guys! I appreciate your kind words :banana:

Demonstration of the heart of the operations. Our own designed google worksheet.

So those who email their order to us it goes straight into our worksheet for the day. Info like from who and to whom and the times and addresses will be automatically filled in. Those who call us or use whatsapp to order our services we will fill in the data ourselves into the worksheet.

We have a despatch and a person in charge of the day but he is also riding as to minimize our expenses.

So in this pic we can see the assignments thus far for a day.
Now the despatch can choose to assign these jobs to a courier. By just using the drop down menu in the "cyclist" column and choose whoever is best for that particular job (in despatchs opinon at least :)
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47966465832_2df4da3a15_b.jpg
Here despatch have assigned a few jobs to some couriers. We see the names for each job in the cyclists column.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47966487843_ede4a44f9a_b.jpg

Now each courier and despatch who all see and work in this same document can go to the tab "cyklist" and see the below view. All jobs assigned to each of the cyclist in order by cyclist and then in the time it must be delivered. So more urgent are obviously further up. Each cyclist get a color as to not confuse their jobs with the other couriers. The beauty is we can all see each others jobs and help out pretty fast when someone is in a jam or when we think we are better suited for that job perhaps. We all split the cash so there are no egos involved here, common goal to deliver as many packages as nice and smooth as possible for us and our customers.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47966487848_9bfc89d7b0_b.jpg

When a courier has made a delivery he just types in a name in the "pod" (proof of delivery) cell and that job will be assigned a time stamp and then it will disappear from the couriers worklist. We also have a tab "Ej despatchat" that we can check all work that is yet to be assigned to anyone so if somebody thinks it fits his path he can just assign it to himself.

I have worked in a lot of programs designed for couriers some very expensive even and this is my favourite by far and it was free! Gotta love the amazing possibilities of todays world. Well free if you are not counting the countless hours i spent on it. And it will do the billing for us as well at the end of the month. Pretty neat imo. :)

weaponsgrade
05-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Tip of the hat to you for going out and making your mark.

false_Aest
05-30-2019, 12:04 PM
As me and a few friends are braking out and opening our own messenger company im thinking of names. We are in Sweden but english names totally work here so was hoping you guys were up for dropping some names?

Cheers

So late to this but Joyride would be dope. You can get Roxette to advertise for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCorJG9mubk

tuscanyswe
05-30-2019, 12:08 PM
So late to this but Joyride would be dope. You can get Roxette to advertise for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCorJG9mubk

Yes we play it from time to time .)

Id ask Per about that only rumours are he is cheap! :)

fiamme red
05-30-2019, 12:11 PM
I was thinking to name it Specialized Courier Services or Epic Courier. The ensuing cease-and-desist letter would be good publicity for you. :)

tuscanyswe
05-30-2019, 12:14 PM
Hahah not a bad idea actually

Gsinill
05-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Congrats, this is awesome.
I can only imagine how happy and satisfied you and your team must be for pulling this off!

On a side note, is there really a "Woodstockholm"?

tuscanyswe
05-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Congrats, this is awesome.
I can only imagine how happy and satisfied you and your team must be for pulling this off!

On a side note, is there really a "Woodstockholm"?

Thanks.

Yes there is (a restaurant) hmm maybe i should have used a "marker" on some data .)

BobbyJones
05-30-2019, 08:59 PM
For me who is not really a person that likes to look to far a head and to start things up as i tend to see problems everywhere (i tend to think further than most and im bit anal) and i need to know i can fix them before i jump onboard stuff.. It has been a great experience to see how far you can come by just doing stuff and getting started, really thats all it takes. I wish perhaps i have realized this earlier in life..........

Not sure this is my dream but its something i really like doing, perhaps more so now than i have in the last decade at least. Live your dream ppl! even if its small :)

Congrats and glad to hear its going very well.

Ive already sent the above excerpt around as inspiration to some friends who are suffering a bit from "analysis paralysis" in making similar changes.

Wishing you much success in the future.

killerrabbit
05-31-2019, 08:47 PM
That's so awesome to hear. I'm in Stockholm in August - if you need a guest courier, haha.

rain dogs
06-01-2019, 06:02 AM
PedEx

That ^^^ may not have been appropriate, but it was fully genius. I hope someone gave that man a beer. :beer:

edited to reflect past tense.... soooo late to the party

tuscanyswe
06-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks all!

I dont know about guest courier Rabbit but you are more than welcome to come say hi and check out what we do, have lunch in the park or whatever. You can always ghost one of our riders .)