PDA

View Full Version : Nevermind

bikeridah
04-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Resolved

cgolvin
04-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Sorry, they have 40.5 and 43 in the RCC Climber's but nothing in between.

dbnm
04-18-2018, 03:05 PM
FWIW, I returned my climbers after two short rides. The top strap cut into my ankle so badly that I could not stand up and pedal.

I was told to where them a few more times to break them in but I just could not deal with the pain.

I bought another pair of Giro Empire SLX instead.

bikeridah
04-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Sorry, they have 40.5 and 43 in the RCC Climber's but nothing in between.

Thank you for checking.

Rapha said they're discontinuing this model so I'm SOL unless someone returns a 42.

cgolvin
04-18-2018, 04:12 PM
FWIW, I wear a 43.5 in general and that's what I bought in these, but when trying them on I felt OK in a 43 (of course, per dbnm's experience, I may have felt much less OK after some riding).

Perhaps you could squeeze into a 41.5 or wear thicker socks with a 42.5 (lots of color choice for the latter as I recall)?

zennmotion
04-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Amazon has Giro Prolight SLX shoe in 42- this is pretty much the same as the Rapha version (made by Giro), synthetic upper instead of leather (better IMO if you ever ride in the wet), and different colors.

bikeridah
04-18-2018, 06:25 PM
FWIW, I wear a 43.5 in general and that's what I bought in these, but when trying them on I felt OK in a 43 (of course, per dbnm's experience, I may have felt much less OK after some riding).

Perhaps you could squeeze into a 41.5 or wear thicker socks with a 42.5 (lots of color choice for the latter as I recall)?

Amazon has Giro Prolight SLX shoe in 42- this is pretty much the same as the Rapha version (made by Giro), synthetic upper instead of leather (better IMO if you ever ride in the wet), and different colors.

I'm a perfect 42 in the GT so don't want to compromise with 1/2 size up/down.

I have a credit at rapha burning a hole in my inbox...

cgolvin
04-18-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm a perfect 42 in the GT so don't want to compromise with 1/2 size up/down.

I have a credit at rapha burning a hole in my inbox...

They have the GTs in 42 in both black & white, why not get the other color of those? Only a few bucks more than the climbers…

It's accepted wisdom that Rapha was preparing to release their own design even before they severed ties with Giro, could just wait for those (and pay full freight).

dbnm
04-19-2018, 02:21 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-Rapha-Climbers-Shoes-Reflective-Blue-EU-Size-42-Retail-400/202293128822?hash=item2f199c2e76:g:QP0AAOSwf7Ja2Ob w

bikeridah
04-19-2018, 03:46 PM
They have the GTs in 42 in both black & white, why not get the other color of those? Only a few bucks more than the climbers…

It's accepted wisdom that Rapha was preparing to release their own design even before they severed ties with Giro, could just wait for those (and pay full freight).

I already own the GT in both colors, easily best fitting and most comfortable shoe I've ever owned, thus my itch to try the climbers.

And thanks to dbnm, I've scratched that itch.

cgolvin
04-19-2018, 04:22 PM
I already own the GT in both colors, easily best fitting and most comfortable shoe I've ever owned, thus my itch to try the climbers.

And thanks to dbnm, I've scratched that itch.

Excellent, I have the same color (still waiting to mount cleats).

But you still have Rapha credit burning a hole in your pocket, no? The new lineup based on the Peugeot team kit is super nice, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livingminimal
04-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Excellent, I have the same color (still waiting to mount cleats).

But you still have Rapha credit burning a hike in your pocket, no? The new lineup based on the Peugeot team kit is super nice, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that kit. Havent bought any of yet it, as I am totally smitten by the Lightweight Brevet, and the Flyweight stuff. Those two new printed flyweights are awesome.

dbnm
04-19-2018, 05:00 PM
The new flyweight jersey is awesome

livingminimal
04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
The new flyweight jersey is awesome

Thats the one. I have three flyweights from the sale unworn waiting for summer, only reason I havent added this one in as well.