PDA

View Full Version : FIT reccomendation Connecticut? and advice?

huck*this
04-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Hey guys. Anyone have a good FIT recommendation in Connecticut preferably in the Hartford area.

Thanks in advance.

One I'm looking at. Not sure if this is good or even what I should be looking for.

Comprehensive Motion Capture Fit with Precision Fit Cycle:

Level 3 Fit: Road, Mountain, Hybrid Bikes $250, $150 with road bike purchase
Level 4 Fit: Aero (Tri) Bike $275, $175 with Tri bike purchase

This level fit is for the individual who wants to ensure they are positioned on their bike in the most effective and efficient manner to minimize the possibility of injury and/or maximize power and speed. The fit addresses current discomfort and issues that you may be having on your current bike as well as discover your ideal position utilizing our Precision Fit Cycle and other tools. Your fit session will start with a comprehensive interview followed by a detailed off the bike physical assessment to determine your skeletal alignment, range of motion, and stability. We use Dynamic Motion Capture for a thorough analysis of the riders movement and position via high-speed video. Whether you want a new stock bike, custom bike, address discomfort on your current bike, or just want to improve your position on your current bike, this is the fit for you.

Your fit session includes:

Comprehensive prefit interview
Type of ride
Preexisting pains, discomforts, ad injuries
Goals
Off the bike physical assessment
Skeletal alignment
Range of motion
Stability analysis
foot assessment
Shoe setup
Cleat fore/aft, rotation, and stance width
Footbed evaluation
Cleat wedge evaluation

Current position assessed
If you currently have a bike, your current position will be reviewed via Video Motion Capture while you ride your bike on a stationary trainer
Ideal Position Developed
State-of-art Fit Cycle used to develop position
Video Motion Capture analysis--Multi plane: both sides, front, and rear
Saddle selecton
saddle height
Saddle fore/aft position
Stem length and position
Handlebar width and position
Aerobar selection and position (for Tri fits)
Optional (recommended) add-on ($50)
Saddle Pressure Scan and Analysis
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
Standard Bike Fit:
Level One Fit: Road, Mountain, Hybrid Bikes $159 (free if road bike is purchased day of fit, $100 credit toward purchase of new road bike within 6 months)

This is a popular fit option when a customer wants to purchase a road bike or has a bike and wants to ensure that they are on the correct size bike and in a good neutral riding position. We start with a interview and off the bike assessment. If you have your bike with you, we next look at you while you pedal on a stationary trainer. While you pedal, the fitter will capture your current position from the side using motion capture video. After the assessment of your current position we will move to our Precision Fit Cycle to fine-tune your riding position. If this fit is being used to size a new bike and we don't have the bike in stock, we then use our Precision Fit Cycle. The focus of this fit is to uncover the correct size bicycle as well as establish a good neutral riding position. We will set your saddle height and fore/aft position, as well as establish a good reach to the handlebars. Besides using this fit for sizing a bicycle, it is also a great fit when someone currently has a bike but believes their saddle or handlebars need to be adjusted. In addition, this fit can be coupled with other fit options like our cleat fitting service and saddle pressure mapping at an additional charge. This is a dynamic fitting so you will be pedaling throughout the session.

Your fit session includes:

Prefit interview
Type of riding
Cycling goals
Establish neutral riding position and or correct size bicycle
Bike placed in stationary trainer and used to develop size and/or position
Motion Capture video from one side
Precision Fit Cycle used to develop position
Saddle height
Saddle fore/aft position
Stem length and position
Handlebar width and position
Optional Cleat Fitting (recommended if using clipless pedals) add-on $70
Optional Saddle Pressure Scan and Analysis (recommended) add-on $50

echelon_john
04-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Go see Chris Petron at BodyOverBike.

Tell him I sent you. He’s a longtime friend, super guy, and great fitter.

Www.bodyoverbike.com

huck*this
04-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Go see Chris Petron at BodyOverBike.

Tell him I sent you. He’s a longtime friend, super guy, and great fitter.

Www.bodyoverbike.com

Thank you and I have heard of that place in doing my research. Which fit would you advise I go with? Would the quick fit suffice? Is the $300+ one for people who race? Sorry don't know much about this other than when I say something hurts people say go get a fit.

echelon_john
04-16-2018, 12:07 PM
I would just call Chris and explain where you’re at and see what he recommends in terms of which service level. He’s not salesy/pushy at all. Tell him John Cully recommended you talk to him.

Thank you and I have heard of that place in doing my research. Which fit would you advise I go with? Would the quick fit suffice? Is the $300+ one for people who race? Sorry don't know much about this other than when I say something hurts people say go get a fit.