PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Fall Day

spiderlake
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
A few pictures from my 50 mile jaunt today..... Full-size pictures for anyone interested at: http://cycling.spiderlake.net/?p=158

Rapid Tourist
10-14-2006, 07:05 PM
great pictures! Be careful on those leaves...

trophyoftexas
10-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Up around your lake house or down-state at home? I'm jealous as heck!

Ginger
10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
So...are they fishing, or catching?

Which river?

I'm very jealous. This is my favorite time of year to be out and about on the bike...it's just so beautiful.

spiderlake
10-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Down state. These pictures are from the Grand Rapids area along the White Pine Trail. The day was perfect (sunny and 45 degrees) but I only saw two other bikes on the trail. I thought that was odd but the fishermen were out in full force all the way down the river. I also rode past a "build your own scarecrow" event in Rockford (just north of GR) that attracted a lot of people.

Tigers win!! MSU loses but it wasn't a surprise.

Up around your lake house or down-state at home? I'm jealous as heck!

Elefantino
10-14-2006, 09:07 PM
I freaking hate fall. It means cold weather is either here (it was 50 this morning) or getting here.

Yes, I know, many of you ride when it's freezing or snowing, as I used to do in Utah, when 50 was suntan weather. But since the move to Florida, my blood has thinned. And since the broken back did not heal correctly, the facets go bonkers when it gets cold.

Therefore, I am anti-autumn, no fan of fall.

Give me 85-90 anyday.

Just being a grump because I'm selling a bike.

spiderlake
10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
That is the Rogue River. It joins the Grand River as it gets closer to Grand Rapids. It is a great river for kayaking, tubing and trout fishing. I didn't see any catches today but plenty of people in the river fishing and kayaking.

So...are they fishing, or catching?

Which river?

I'm very jealous. This is my favorite time of year to be out and about on the bike...it's just so beautiful.

Ginger
10-14-2006, 10:53 PM
That is the Rogue River. It joins the Grand River as it gets closer to Grand Rapids. It is a great river for kayaking, tubing and trout fishing. I didn't see any catches today but plenty of people in the river fishing and kayaking.

Ah, from the DNR:
Rogue River- Has good numbers of fish in it, as the salmon are still pretty thick. Most fish have been caught up near the Childsdale Dam. Steelhead and brown trout have started to move up into the river as well.

Lincoln
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes, I know, many of you ride when it's freezing or snowing, as I used to do in Utah, when 50 was suntan weather.

Hey, we got well into the 50's today! Of course it was well below freezing last night.

Gothard
10-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Amazing. This area is so nice. I was there a year ago on a trip, and could not believe how beautiful upper Michigan is.

Elefantino
10-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Hey, we got well into the 50's today! Of course it was well below freezing last night.

That makes me want to jump in the pool.

Kevan
10-15-2006, 06:50 AM
I think I'll break out ol' pink and bring a camera and take some shots of my hood too.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I got lost in them for a while.

trophyoftexas
10-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Great shots AND YEA TIGERS! I'm living through the photo's on the message board right now and those from "home aka Michigan" are appreciated! Seems that my trip up to ride the LHT and then a quick 1000 or so miles down into the Hill Country are the susspected cause of a recently found blood clot in my lower right calf....felt like a mini-crap for about 3-4 days and figured I'd better get it check out....scanned the leg, found the clot, put me in the hospital for 5 days and restricted me to bed rest for three frickini' weeks, talk about a pain! Been off the bike for about two weeks and will be allowed to ride the trainer iin a couple of days but NOT on the road...50 miles in the living room sure ain't 50 miles in the hills, is it!? They've made my blood so thin you can see through one side of my leg and out the other!!! Not really!!! Anyway, been enjoying the nice pictures, keep 'em coming y'all!!

spiderlake
10-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow! Sorry to hear about the blood clot. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you. What a shame it would be to live in Texas where you can ride year 'round and be relegated to the indoor trainer. Well, if nothing else it can remind you of Michigan winters! Get well soon!

I love all the photos that get posted to the forum and have found some new places I want to visit as a result.

Great shots AND YEA TIGERS! I'm living through the photo's on the message board right now and those from "home aka Michigan" are appreciated! Seems that my trip up to ride the LHT and then a quick 1000 or so miles down into the Hill Country are the susspected cause of a recently found blood clot in my lower right calf....felt like a mini-crap for about 3-4 days and figured I'd better get it check out....scanned the leg, found the clot, put me in the hospital for 5 days and restricted me to bed rest for three frickini' weeks, talk about a pain! Been off the bike for about two weeks and will be allowed to ride the trainer iin a couple of days but NOT on the road...50 miles in the living room sure ain't 50 miles in the hills, is it!? They've made my blood so thin you can see through one side of my leg and out the other!!! Not really!!! Anyway, been enjoying the nice pictures, keep 'em coming y'all!!

spiderlake
10-15-2006, 10:03 AM
We all look forward to seeing them! I remember about a year ago (maybe longer) when weekend ride reports contained lots of pictures. Then the server problems came along and that seemed to have died down.

I think I'll break out ol' pink and bring a camera and take some shots of my hood too.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I got lost in them for a while.

trophyoftexas
10-15-2006, 10:46 AM
The timing on this clot is sure poor! Weather here has been near perfect, 50's at night, upper 70's in the daytime...can't believe I had to ride all of those stinking 100 degree days to get to these perfect days only to be laid up for a few weeks, don't seem fair. Oh well, the message board has been company for me and I've been enjoyinig the posts and pictures to be sure, thanks to all. Never had one of these things before and I sure hope it isn't a preview of things to come! (as in "old age!")