PDA

View Full Version : Shimano RC9 vs RP9

VTR1000SP2
04-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if the RP9 has more toe volume?

I just bought and received my RC9's (44 Wide) but after 20 minutes or so, I'm adjusting the lower boa trying to find comfort by my toes (feel's like the profile is too low) and also the top boa due to pressure just above the metatarsals.

I'm wondering if I should sell these on and get the RP9.

mcteague
04-15-2018, 10:08 AM
I tried the RC7s and found the toe room tight. The RP9s felt much better and I ended up keeping them. For whatever reason, Shimano shoes always seem to fit me best but both of those, in the same size, did not fit the same.

Tim

quattro
04-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Wondering if anyone else has tried the Shimano RP9 road shoe, the 2018 model with one Boa and a velcro strap infront.

Presently riding a pair or Shimano R321's, the half black/half white shoe, wondering if the last of the RP9 is similar to the R321, also if the RP9 toe box is similar to the R321 in width and height.I don't have the wide size, but thinking if the RP9 is narrower than the R321 this might be something consider, have a Morton's Neuroma and hammer toes so I need a wide and high toe box. Recently tried a pair of Sidi Ergo4 Mega's, the last is different than the Shimano, they just didn't work for my feet.

Appreciate the feedback!

quattro

VTR1000SP2
04-28-2018, 05:01 PM
Wondering if anyone else has tried the Shimano RP9 road shoe, the 2018 model with one Boa and a velcro strap infront.

Presently riding a pair or Shimano R321's, the half black/half white shoe, wondering if the last of the RP9 is similar to the R321, also if the RP9 toe box is similar to the R321 in width and height.I don't have the wide size, but thinking if the RP9 is narrower than the R321 this might be something consider, have a Morton's Neuroma and hammer toes so I need a wide and high toe box. Recently tried a pair of Sidi Ergo4 Mega's, the last is different than the Shimano, they just didn't work for my feet.

Appreciate the feedback!

quattro

Can’t comment on the RP9 and I’ve somewhat moved on from Shimano. Am using Lake MX237s for the off road stuff and if you haven’t tried Lake, give it a go. Their competition last comes in a wide option and I find the toe box very roomy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk