PDA

View Full Version : help, Yet another wheel tread

sfscott
10-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I just ordered an Ottrot ST which is being designed to be a stiff climbing bike. I am a big boy 200-lbs+ and fairly strong, so Kelly is pulling out the mongo tubes.

I'm trying to decide on a wheel set that will complement the bike and fit with the climbing/lightweight/speedy theme that I am working.

My LBS thinks Ksyriums are the best choice

I currently ride Record/OPs handbuilts with Sapim CX-rays. Thinking about this set-up or similar using a different hub with ceramic bearings just for s&!ts and grins.

I am intrigued by American Classics with the magnesium rims as well as the Campy pre-builts, and you all say good things about Velocity rims.

I need some advice. I'm looking to do something special, and I won't be racing.

I'm not interested in Zipps or Reynolds since I don't want/need carbon rims nor want to deal with different brake pads.

Ideas? Experiences. I know there are a lot of opinions, but I need consensus and advice!

vaxn8r
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Campy Eurus. Awesome wheelset. Ksyriums are dependable and are going to ride about the same. Some Campy wheels are tough to mount a tire on.

jbrainin
10-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Go to nimble.net and check out the Spider Clydesdale wheelset. Then call Nimble and you'll be well taken care of.

Jonathan

thejen12
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Did you look at the American Classic website? I think they magnesium rims need special brakepads and need to be hosed off after each ride if there's any chance they got salt on them.

Jenn