PDA

View Full Version : Cervelo P3 timeline

seppa
04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone might have some information on some early Cervelo history. I bought a old p3 last fall with some potential intentions to doing some time trial competing (Ive always favored the "low-tech" approach), basically it was the cheapest bike I could find so I pulled the trigger. Its a size 52, fits ok, but I wish it was a little "taller" rather than long and low, I read the size 54 came with 650b rims for some reason, I guess those wheels were popular in triathlon at the time.

I haven't done a ton of searching but this seems to be a rather old/odd one, old as in it has an external headset which I haven't seen on any other P series bike thus far, also the cervelo decals are basically just stickers that are slapped on over the paint with no clear coat over them, which has me wondering if the bike was repainted and the stickers are just aftermarket, as I can't fathom a company in the year 2000 (just guessing when this bike might of been made) were slapping on stickers, even if they were still small at the time.

Im gonna attempt to attach a photo of the bike, I threw out the whole cockpit that came with it when I bought it, I kinda forget what they were, although the stem definitely wasn't original. Also gonna attempt to attach a photo of what looks like a catalogue type photo of one I found, the top tube decal placement on mine doesnt match, but everything else looks like it does, well the fork is the typical one they used on everything at the time until they switched to the wolf when they went to the bigger head tube.

The derailleurs are very ragged 9 speed ultegra which must be original. The crank on it was a FSA octalink Gossamer, although I switched it to a Octalink dura ace I had that matched the cosmetics of the derailleurs :). Brakes were black tektros with Cervelo logos on em.